Yealink Forums

Full Version: Option to override RPS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Why isn't there an option to override RPS?

An acquaintance of mine bought a never-used MyNetFone-branded T46S at an auction but found that he couldn't get rid of the auto-provisioning because the phone would connect to Yealink's RPS every time the phone rebooted. Why isn't there an option to disable this? If MNF refuses to delete the phone's MAC address from RPS, what are his options? Would Yealink Support be willing to remove the MAC address from their system?

I think that, if there was an option provided to disable RPS, it would give people more confidence to buy a second-hand unit on eBay or whatever. I bought a Telstra-branded T48G a while ago and, lucky for me, it was not connected to RPS so, after deleting the Telstra auto-provisioning settings, I was able to use it as a regular Yealink phone.

Thank you.
(07-10-2020 02:27 PM)ozimarco Wrote: [ -> ]Why isn't there an option to override RPS?

An acquaintance of mine bought a never-used MyNetFone-branded T46S at an auction but found that he couldn't get rid of the auto-provisioning because the phone would connect to Yealink's RPS every time the phone rebooted. Why isn't there an option to disable this? If MNF refuses to delete the phone's MAC address from RPS, what are his options? Would Yealink Support be willing to remove the MAC address from their system?

I think that, if there was an option provided to disable RPS, it would give people more confidence to buy a second-hand unit on eBay or whatever. I bought a Telstra-branded T48G a while ago and, lucky for me, it was not connected to RPS so, after deleting the Telstra auto-provisioning settings, I was able to use it as a regular Yealink phone.

Thank you.

Hi,

I'm almost for sure, you or your acquaintance should contact MyNetPhone and ask them, not Yealink, to remove the MAC address of the phone from their database.
My acquaintance ended up not having any luck with MyNetFone after contacting them. He then decided to contact Yealink and was very pleased when less than 24 hours later, he received a message from a friendly Yealink tech that his phone had been removed from RPS. Kudos to Yealink for doing that.

Hopefully, in future, Yealink will give owners the option to remove their phones from RPS via the GUI. This would prevent a number of perfectly serviceable second-hand units from going to landfill.
Glad to hear all is well now.
Reference URL's