Yealink Forums

Full Version: Change number of rings to get to day voicmail
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is a stupidly basic question, yet I have spent an hour in vain to find the answer. I need to change the number of rings on my T465 to answer sooner if we can't get to the phone during business hours. The after hours answers right away, which is fine. The day-time takes upwards of 8 rings to pick up, which is way too long.
I know how to log into my phone on the computer. I cannot find WHERE to change the number of rings!!! Please help my stupid butt and educate me on what terminology I can look for.

Stephanie
(06-09-2020 11:27 PM)drb@thecatdr.net Wrote: [ -> ]This is a stupidly basic question, yet I have spent an hour in vain to find the answer. I need to change the number of rings on my T465 to answer sooner if we can't get to the phone during business hours. The after hours answers right away, which is fine. The day-time takes upwards of 8 rings to pick up, which is way too long.
I know how to log into my phone on the computer. I cannot find WHERE to change the number of rings!!! Please help my stupid butt and educate me on what terminology I can look for.

Stephanie

Hi Stephanie,

Normally is this a PBX function, but if you don't use a PBX then I suggest to download the Admin Guide v85.1 and read "Call Forward in Phone Mode Configuration" on page 399 and up. (forward.no_answer.*)
Thank you Frank. I believe my system is PBX, and my forwarding functions have always been turned off. I can find no line item specific to PBX answering and the ring timing. I am not familiar with most of the acronyms that make up phone programming, so if there is some special wording I should be looking for, please clue me in. I did download the phone manual yesterday and could find NOTHING on how to change the answer timing, but perhaps I was not searching the right term.
Under "Settings" I have searched through all the pages trying to find the line to change.

Stephanie
(06-10-2020 03:52 PM)drb@thecatdr.net Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you Frank. I believe my system is PBX, and my forwarding functions have always been turned off. I can find no line item specific to PBX answering and the ring timing. I am not familiar with most of the acronyms that make up phone programming, so if there is some special wording I should be looking for, please clue me in. I did download the phone manual yesterday and could find NOTHING on how to change the answer timing, but perhaps I was not searching the right term.
Under "Settings" I have searched through all the pages trying to find the line to change.

Stephanie

Hi Stephanie,

If your telephone is controlled by a telephone exchange (PABX) and you have no experience with it, I suggest contacting the system administrator and asking him to fix the problem for you.
I will do so. I can't believe it is so complicated to change a basic feature. Even crappy tape answering machines from 1980 had a basic slide switch to change the rings. I was hoping for an easy quick answer. Undecided

Thank you anyway,
Stephanie
Reference URL's