Yealink Forums

Full Version: T23G Unable to Obtain IP Address
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm trying to set up a VoIP phone in my home office using a T23G. When connecting the phone direct to an ethernet port, it does not progress passed 'Obtaining IP Address' and I am unable to proceed.

I have checked using other ethernet ports but same result. I have confirmed the ports are working correctly, and have also tried a factory reset.

Any advice would be appreciated.
(05-20-2020 07:55 AM)xBrito Wrote: [ -> ]I'm trying to set up a VoIP phone in my home office using a T23G. When connecting the phone direct to an ethernet port, it does not progress passed 'Obtaining IP Address' and I am unable to proceed.

I have checked using other ethernet ports but same result. I have confirmed the ports are working correctly, and have also tried a factory reset.

Hi,

Was the factory reset successful?
Have you checked or switched the network cable between the phone and the switch?
Double check that you are using the internet connector and not the PC port on the back of the phone.
(05-20-2020 09:25 AM)complex1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-20-2020 07:55 AM)xBrito Wrote: [ -> ]I'm trying to set up a VoIP phone in my home office using a T23G. When connecting the phone direct to an ethernet port, it does not progress passed 'Obtaining IP Address' and I am unable to proceed.

Hi,

Was the factory reset successful?
Have you checked or switched the network cable between the phone and the switch?
Double check that you are using the internet connector and not the PC port on the back of the phone.

Hi
Thanks for your help.

As far as the phone indicates, the factory reset was successful.
The cable is new, but I did check using a cable tester and all good.
I can confirm that the cable is connected to the internet port, and not the PC port. This is also validated by the presented 'Obtain IP address' message, where as if I had connected to the PC port the message 'Network Unavailable; would be displayed.
(05-20-2020 09:43 AM)xBrito Wrote: [ -> ]Hi
Thanks for your help.

I can confirm that the cable is connected to the internet port, and not the PC port. This is also validated by the presented 'Obtain IP address' message, where as if I had connected to the PC port the message 'Network Unavailable; would be displayed.

Hi,

Is this a used phone or new out of the box?
What do you see if you press the softkey "Menu" in front of the phone?
e.g. Is DHCP enabled and what is the current firmware version?
Have the used port on switch/router a LED indicator showing the cable and device is connected?
(05-20-2020 11:49 AM)complex1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-20-2020 09:43 AM)xBrito Wrote: [ -> ]Hi
Thanks for your help.

Hi,

Is this a used phone or new out of the box?
What do you see if you press the softkey "Menu" in front of the phone?
e.g. Is DHCP enabled and what is the current firmware version?
Have the used port on switch/router a LED indicator showing the cable and device is connected?

Hi
This is a used phone but I believe to be fully working.
Pressing 'OK' gives the following information:
1. IPv4:
2. MAC: 00:15:65: etc (displayed MAC address)
3. Firmware: 44.80.0.25

DHCP VLAN is Enables
LED indicator is lit showing device is connected

Hope this helps
(05-20-2020 12:18 PM)xBrito Wrote: [ -> ]Hi
This is a used phone but I believe to be fully working.
Pressing 'OK' gives the following information:
1. IPv4:
2. MAC: 00:15:65: etc (displayed MAC address)
3. Firmware: 44.80.0.25

DHCP VLAN is Enables
LED indicator is lit showing device is connected

Hope this helps

Hi,

What you can try is to setup the phone manually, using the Phone UI, the WAN IP-address, Subnet Mask, Gateway and Prim DNS into the phone and check if the phone is accessible from the local network.
If this does not work then I think you have bought a bad working phone.
If the phone is reachable then first thing to do is update the firmware to at least 44.84.0.90
One more thought is to manually disable all VLAN settings (DHCP VLAN, CDP, LLDP, etc). Just incase you've got a switch or something else on your network that's misconfigured and handing out those settings by mistake.

The other thing to check is to make sure DHCP on your network is actually working...
Reference URL's