Yealink Forums

Full Version: Dial plan - How to include # at end of dial string
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Trying to configure dial plan to include the # symbol at the end of the dial number or string. We have Yealink Phones working with an Avaya PBX system which accepts short codes e.g. Call pickup Extension would be *32*2345# where 2345 is the extension number. However when entering
the short code sequence on the Yealink Phone you get "Invalid Number" when you enter #
(12-10-2019 03:13 PM)cmadeiros@tecs.bm Wrote: [ -> ]Trying to configure dial plan to include the # symbol at the end of the dial number or string. We have Yealink Phones working with an Avaya PBX system which accepts short codes e.g. Call pickup Extension would be *32*2345# where 2345 is the extension number. However when entering
the short code sequence on the Yealink Phone you get "Invalid Number" when you enter #

Hi,

Default on Yealink phones, the “#” key is assign as Send key.
Please disable and try again.
Features > General Information > Key As Send: disabled

Hope this will help.
Hi - Thanks for the reply..and no problem with the English...understood you first time. I did disable Key As Send and confirmed that i can include # in the dial string. The Challenge is getting the correct sequence to dial out. For example if i program one of the buttons for BLF for extn 2233 and configure Pickup Code as *32*#. When someone calls that extension, I can see call flash/ring on the Yealink button and if i select the button to initiate the pickup code it dials out *32*# instead of *32*2233# which is required to pickup the call.

I think i am getting closer to the correct configuration.

tks
(12-11-2019 12:15 AM)cmadeiros@tecs.bm Wrote: [ -> ]Hi - Thanks for the reply..and no problem with the English...understood you first time. I did disable Key As Send and confirmed that i can include # in the dial string. The Challenge is getting the correct sequence to dial out. For example if i program one of the buttons for BLF for extn 2233 and configure Pickup Code as *32*#. When someone calls that extension, I can see call flash/ring on the Yealink button and if i select the button to initiate the pickup code it dials out *32*# instead of *32*2233# which is required to pickup the call.

I think i am getting closer to the correct configuration.

tks

Hi,

Do you mean something like this?
[attachment=5526]
Hi Frank - Correct..which is what i tried in the configuration but the actual dial string that goes out is *32*22332233 instead of *32*2233#

rgds,
Carlos
(12-11-2019 02:43 PM)cmadeiros@tecs.bm Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Frank - Correct..which is what i tried in the configuration but the actual dial string that goes out is *32*22332233 instead of *32*2233#

rgds,
Carlos

Hi Carlos,

I guess the PBX is "causing" the trouble.
Please add only *32* (nothing more) in the Extension field and try again.

Hope this will help.
Reference URL's