Yealink Forums

Full Version: Cannot sync Google contacts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
After following all the steps I get the following error: "Error: self_request_failed"

Any ideas on how to resolve?

It's a T57W
Firmware Version
Hardware Version
(04-14-2021 07:02 AM)TechPromise Wrote: [ -> ]After following all the steps I get the following error: "Error: self_request_failed"

Any ideas on how to resolve?

It's a T57W
Firmware Version
Hardware Version

FYI, I was able to get the Google Contacts Sync to work after creating the OAuth credentials as "TV's and Limited Input Devices" rather than "Web Application"

That being said, don't waste your time if you have a lot of contacts, without cleaning up all the numbers and formatting (as mentioned in a previous post) they won't display properly in the phone.

Additionally, I tested with a google account that has no contacts in the directory and unfortunately yealink pulls entries from the "other contacts" section and displays them in the phone as blank contacts (which contains just an email)

changing the setting google_contact_server.display_mode does not seem to have an effect.

What a waste of what could have been a great feature.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's