Yealink Forums

Full Version: T42S Headset Button Hangup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We have a mixed environment of phones and all other phones hang up the call when the headset button is pressed during a headset call. Yealink phones do nothing when the headset button is pressed, so we have to hit one of the DSS buttons to hangup the call or press the X under the arrow keys. As a result, the headset button stays lit even when the phone is idle.

This is aggravating users as they have been hanging up calls for years using the headset button and now have to develop a new habit. Just about every user goes for the headset button to hangup the call as it is brightly lit green, they press it, get mad, then press the X button to hangup. It happens over and over again because the yealink behaviour is non-sensical to our users. It also does nothing when you press the headset button when trying to start a call.

I realize some people out there enjoy having a distracting green light shined on their face all day, and there probably is some benefit to this behaviour, but we do not see it and are highly annoyed by this functionality, especially when every other phone we have ever used does not behave this way. Can you please add an option for us to change the behaviour of the headset button?

Ideal Headset button behaviour:
When idle, headset button light is off.
User presses headset button, the dial tone is heard and dial pad is ready to accept input.
Headset button remains lit during call.
When user wants to hang up the call, they press the headset button and it hangs up the call and turns off the headset button light.
We tried to switch to T46U and T42S for our call centres but operators threw them out for exactly the reasons OP described. There other irritants but those are much less annoying and to do with physical layout that can't be fixed. Casual users are generally happy with the phone overall but still find the headset confusing. I find it very illogical that headset and loud speaker do equivalent things but behave very differently.

I've submitted a ticket. To view the ticket it seems to require login so no point linking here.
Reference URL's