Yealink Forums

Full Version: Default user password...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What is the default USER password for Yealink phones? NOT the admin password.
(10-29-2019 06:22 PM)starion Wrote: [ -> ]What is the default USER password for Yealink phones? NOT the admin password.

Hi,

The default USER password should be: user

Hope this will help.
(10-29-2019 07:22 PM)complex1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-29-2019 06:22 PM)starion Wrote: [ -> ]What is the default USER password for Yealink phones? NOT the admin password.

Hi,

Hope this will help.

That's what I thought too. But it doesn't work. I can log in with admin and change it, but it appears that out of the box, if it's not set, it won't work.
(10-29-2019 08:21 PM)starion Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-29-2019 07:22 PM)complex1 Wrote: [ -> ]

Hi,

Hope this will help.

That's what I thought too. But it doesn't work. I can log in with admin and change it, but it appears that out of the box, if it's not set, it won't work.

Hi,

According the admin guide... If you empty the user password via the web user interface the password should be set to default “user”.
If this won’t work, you can try to reset the phone to factory default, using a long press the OK key and check again. Keep in mind: You will lose all settings.

Hope this will help.
Don't need to do that, I have the admin password. The customer requested the user login, I told them user/user, and when it didn't work, they hassled me about it, so I'm trying to establish what the default is for the phone out of the box. It appears the default is actually that the user account is not enabled until a password is entered the first time.
Reference URL's