Yealink Forums

Full Version: T48S/G dial plan
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Experts,

When I pick the head set and then dial number only first 3 digits works. Is there a way to change that?

When I type number and then pick headset all works fine. I am trying to fix the prob;em when I pick the headset and dial out number. Thank you
(10-16-2019 12:54 PM)sprintership Wrote: [ -> ]Experts,

When I pick the head set and then dial number only first 3 digits works. Is there a way to change that?

When I type number and then pick headset all works fine. I am trying to fix the prob;em when I pick the headset and dial out number. Thank you

Hi,

Please check the value of the Inter Digit Time.
(WUI - Settings - Preference)
It configures the time (in seconds) for the IP phone to automatically dial out the entered digits without pressing a send key.
The higher the time, the longer it takes.

Hope this will help.
Check the dial plan that is configured into the phone.
Log in to the webUI for your phone, and look under "Settings" -> "Dial Plan" then "Dial Now" tab on the table. If you see a pattern with 3 digits or x's, modify it to let you dial longer strings of numbers.
Ahh I see, I change that from 4 to 1. Reason:

I press number then I pick the head set and number is dialed after 4 seconds - that's long time, changing that to 1 make it a way faster but screwed 4 digits numbers Smile

is there any way to make it faster dialing after picking the headset?
(10-16-2019 03:06 PM)sprintership Wrote: [ -> ]Ahh I see, I change that from 4 to 1. Reason:

I press number then I pick the head set and number is dialed after 4 seconds - that's long time, changing that to 1 make it a way faster but screwed 4 digits numbers Smile

is there any way to make it faster dialing after picking the headset?

After you have press the number, press the send key and the number will directly be dialed.
that would work for me but not all end users - some of them they just want pick the head set and type number and they wait .......
(10-16-2019 03:25 PM)sprintership Wrote: [ -> ]that would work for me but not all end users - some of them they just want pick the head set and type number and they wait .......

Then you'll have to teach them... I'm afraid.
or end the typed number with a "#", something like 123-456-789#
The "#" is used as send key.
BTW: you can also use the "OK" key after you type the number.

Your customer(s) can choose from 4 options:
- type number and wait...
- type number and press "Send Key"
- type number and press "#"
- type number and press "OK"

That's all, I think.
cool looks like a plan, thank you
Just to clarify something:

"Inter digit time" as Complex1 pointed out is the raw value in seconds the phone waits between digits. So if you set it to 1, if a user is slow in dialing they may find that calls go out before they are finished.

i.e. User 1 dials:
312 (quickly) -> works fine
User 2 dials:
3..12 (slow/user pauses to remember who they are calling) -> phone tried to dial just "3" since user took too long.

A better approach is to properly utilize the dial plan feature as I mentioned in my previous post. The dial plan extends the logic of the phone as follows:
a) Every time user enters a digit, phone will check to see if the full sequence they have entered matches one of the dial plan patterns. If so, phone dials out straight away
b) IF pattern DOES NOT match dial plan entries, then phone waits "Inter Digit Time" to see if user has more digits to enter or if call should be placed.

So in a properly configured setup 95% of users should never need to hit "send" on a call, and should also never have to wait 4-5 seconds after dialing for calls to go out. Setup proper dial plan patterns and users will be much happier.
Reference URL's