Yealink Forums

Full Version: Phone reboots and pauses on Initializing when PC port is used.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
SIP-T42G 29.83.0.50

The phone is manually provisioned and has been working steadily for a while. Now the phone is rebooting and getting stuck on "Initializing" when PC port is being utilized. Multiple computers checked and the same issue is presenting itself as soon as the port gets connected.

Attempted firmware upgrade but this had no effect on the issue. Enabled network span to PC port but the phone exhibits the same behavior.

Any additional troubleshooting steps that can be recommended? There are no VLANs on the network and VLANs are not enabled on either port in the phone.

anonymous1712222627012

Dear Customer

Good day. This is Phil from Yealink Technical Support Team,nice to meet you.

1、May I know that if you donn't used PC Port ,the phone can working fine?
2、May I know which way you power the phone ?POE or adapter?
It may be caused by insufficient power consumption ,Please make sure you can provide sufficient power. Adapter (DC 5V/1.2A),POE(2.1-3.9W).

Any queries, please feel free to let me know. Thanks.
Best Regards,
Phil Lin
(08-13-2019 09:49 AM)Phil_Yealink Wrote: [ -> ]Dear Customer

Good day. This is Phil from Yealink Technical Support Team,nice to meet you.

1、May I know that if you donn't used PC Port ,the phone can working fine?
2、May I know which way you power the phone ?POE or adapter?
It may be caused by insufficient power consumption ,Please make sure you can provide sufficient power. Adapter (DC 5V/1.2A),POE(2.1-3.9W).

Any queries, please feel free to let me know. Thanks.
Best Regards,
Phil Lin

Hi there, thank you for your response

The phone works fine without anything connected to the PC port. I am checking on how the user is powering the phone now and will have them try a known working adapter.
(08-12-2019 06:41 PM)gleblond Wrote: [ -> ]SIP-T42G 29.83.0.50

The phone is manually provisioned and has been working steadily for a while. Now the phone is rebooting and getting stuck on "Initializing" when PC port is being utilized. Multiple computers checked and the same issue is presenting itself as soon as the port gets connected.

Attempted firmware upgrade but this had no effect on the issue. Enabled network span to PC port but the phone exhibits the same behavior.

Any additional troubleshooting steps that can be recommended? There are no VLANs on the network and VLANs are not enabled on either port in the phone.

(09-06-2021 09:34 PM)PCnet_Support Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-12-2019 06:41 PM)gleblond Wrote: [ -> ]SIP-T42G 29.83.0.50

Did you ever find a solution to this? We are having the same issue with T29s.
I am having similar issue with T29G also?
Reference URL's