Yealink Forums

Full Version: no dialtone or ringtone for w56p base and phones
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello- I have had 4 w56 phones and the DECT base, w56 model, for a few years. I recently took down my entire network, ( router fizzled ), and have been working to get my phones back up. Registering has been an ongoing battle. My problem is that between registrations, when the phones partially work, I do not get a dialtone or a ringtone. I was able to dial out briefly today, and attempted to find whether there was any setting in the GUI for the base unit that were related to the ring/dial tones. My best guess is that this part of the system is not user configurable. My provider tells me that the tones are associated with my hardware and not part of the service. One suggestion is that there may be a defect with my power supply that causes the ringtone not to work. If there is an expert who reads this who knows about a reference for setting up a multi phone system and can provide me with details, I would be very appreciative. Thanks In Advance.
(06-18-2019 03:37 PM)Marcbachman Wrote: [ -> ]Hello- I have had 4 w56 phones and the DECT base, w56 model, for a few years. I recently took down my entire network, ( router fizzled ), and have been working to get my phones back up. Registering has been an ongoing battle. My problem is that between registrations, when the phones partially work, I do not get a dialtone or a ringtone. I was able to dial out briefly today, and attempted to find whether there was any setting in the GUI for the base unit that were related to the ring/dial tones. My best guess is that this part of the system is not user configurable. My provider tells me that the tones are associated with my hardware and not part of the service. One suggestion is that there may be a defect with my power supply that causes the ringtone not to work. If there is an expert who reads this who knows about a reference for setting up a multi phone system and can provide me with details, I would be very appreciative. Thanks In Advance.

Hi,

If you have recently took down your entire network I suggest to reset your W56P base to factory default and setup the DECT set from scratch.
Then ensure the handsets are successfully registered to the base and try to register one account to your VoIP provider.
If this is done you can check if everything is functioning as you like.
Here you can find the User Guide (p24 and up) which can help to a successful set-up of the DECT set.
http://support.yealink.com/documentFront...mentId=110

Hope this will help.
(06-18-2019 05:41 PM)complex1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-18-2019 03:37 PM)Marcbachman Wrote: [ -> ]Hello- I have had 4 w56 phones and the DECT base, w56 model, for a few years. I recently took down my entire network, ( router fizzled ), and have been working to get my phones back up. Registering has been an ongoing battle. My problem is that between registrations, when the phones partially work, I do not get a dialtone or a ringtone. I was able to dial out briefly today, and attempted to find whether there was any setting in the GUI for the base unit that were related to the ring/dial tones. My best guess is that this part of the system is not user configurable. My provider tells me that the tones are associated with my hardware and not part of the service. One suggestion is that there may be a defect with my power supply that causes the ringtone not to work. If there is an expert who reads this who knows about a reference for setting up a multi phone system and can provide me with details, I would be very appreciative. Thanks In Advance.

Hi,

If you have recently took down your entire network I suggest to reset your W56P base to factory default and setup the DECT set from scratch.
Then ensure the handsets are successfully registered to the base and try to register one account to your VoIP provider.
Here you can find the User Guide (p24 and up) which can help to a successful set-up of the DECT set.

Hope this will help.

My voip provider makes it difficult to register. I just got registered again today after 3 days of waiting, and found that my phone rings on incoming calls, and that there is a tone indicating a ring to target phone when making a call. My voip provider says I need to put the DECT base in a DMZ to get the dialtones to work. I did not have to do this previously. Unless there is an absolute need to reinitialize I would like to avoid that if possible.
(06-18-2019 10:39 PM)Marcbachman Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-18-2019 05:41 PM)complex1 Wrote: [ -> ]

Hi,

Hope this will help.

My voip provider makes it difficult to register. I just got registered again today after 3 days of waiting, and found that my phone rings on incoming calls, and that there is a tone indicating a ring to target phone when making a call. My voip provider says I need to put the DECT base in a DMZ to get the dialtones to work. I did not have to do this previously. Unless there is an absolute need to reinitialize I would like to avoid that if possible.

Hi,

If your VoIP provider makes it difficult to register and after 3 days of waiting you at last can successful register... than it is time to switch from provider, right?
No DMZ, that's bull... the shortest (and worst) way.
Reference URL's