Yealink Forums

Full Version: Repetitive Voicemail Notifications
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello All,

I have rolled out about 90 Yealink T29G phones. Thus far, I have 2 users requesting that I disable the voicemail notification that seems to go off about every 60 seconds until they check their voicemail.

Not having experienced this issue myself (on my yealink T29G). I visited their office, called their phone, and left a message. What followed literally blew me away....

Voicemail notification appeared as expected. Pop-up on screen, beeps, red blinking light. Yup, all good. Waited to see what would happen in about 60 seconds. Sure enough.... The notification cleared it self after about 30 seconds. Then 30 seconds later (60 seconds after initial notification), it again, popped up the screen, beeped, and the red light flashed.

It continued this loop until the user cleared his voicemail.

As I've said, about 90 phone rolled out across 4 states. Thus far only 2 users have reported this issue.

Any ideas out there? Anyone else seen this? I'm using Asterisk Asterisk 13.21.1

Thanks!
Greg
(06-10-2019 02:21 AM)Gregory T Wrote: [ -> ]Hello All,

I have rolled out about 90 Yealink T29G phones. Thus far, I have 2 users requesting that I disable the voicemail notification that seems to go off about every 60 seconds until they check their voicemail.

Not having experienced this issue myself (on my yealink T29G). I visited their office, called their phone, and left a message. What followed literally blew me away....

Voicemail notification appeared as expected. Pop-up on screen, beeps, red blinking light. Yup, all good. Waited to see what would happen in about 60 seconds. Sure enough.... The notification cleared it self after about 30 seconds. Then 30 seconds later (60 seconds after initial notification), it again, popped up the screen, beeped, and the red light flashed.

As I've said, about 90 phone rolled out across 4 states. Thus far only 2 users have reported this issue.

Thanks!
Greg

Hi Greg,

Please make sure the phones are running on the latest firmware 46.83.0.50
then reset the phones to factory default, even if they are new out of the box and try again.
http://support.yealink.com/documentFront...umentId=15

Hope this will help.
(06-10-2019 02:21 AM)Gregory T Wrote: [ -> ]Voicemail notification appeared as expected. Pop-up on screen, beeps, red blinking light. Yup, all good. Waited to see what would happen in about 60 seconds. Sure enough.... The notification cleared it self after about 30 seconds. Then 30 seconds later (60 seconds after initial notification), it again, popped up the screen, beeped, and the red light flashed.

Thanks!
Greg

What value are you using for your registration interval? The Yealinks typically pop up the voicemail notification box when they re-register to a server with a voicemail present for the registering account. So if you have set your registration interval very low (which shouldn't be necessary, but hey that's up to you), then you are probably seeing the result of this. We ran into it a few years ago when testing a redundancy feature that required us to adjust the default registration timeout from 3600 seconds to 60. Every time that timer hit and the registration state updated, VM notification would pop up again.

I thought at one point Yealink added an option to control whether that happened but can't recall it now. Your best bet is to check that value on your account, and if you need it set to a low number open a ticket on the Yealink support system and see if they can provide you with a control setting to mute/suppress it.
Thank you to the both of you for your response.

As of now, what I have done was to perform a factory reset on the phones. They were already at the latest firmware revision. (that was my first attempt to resolve the problem before posting to the forum).

I noticed another issue when trying to factory reset the phones. When trying to log in to the web interface, our configured password didn't work. We configure the phones via tftp. However, if I first used the factory default (which would fail), then use our configured password I could get in. This was the same case on both phones. Very odd.... I looked at another one of our phones and it too acted the same way. So I factory reset that one as well.

Anyway, after the factory reset all 3 phones now allow web access via the first attempt with the correctly configured password..... I'm guessing there was some kind of weird junk in the configs on the phones, which may have been attributing to the voicemail issue.

(06-10-2019 01:58 PM)jolouis Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-10-2019 02:21 AM)Gregory T Wrote: [ -> ]Voicemail notification appeared as expected. Pop-up on screen, beeps, red blinking light. Yup, all good. Waited to see what would happen in about 60 seconds. Sure enough.... The notification cleared it self after about 30 seconds. Then 30 seconds later (60 seconds after initial notification), it again, popped up the screen, beeped, and the red light flashed.

Thanks!
Greg

What value are you using for your registration interval? The Yealinks typically pop up the voicemail notification box when they re-register to a server with a voicemail present for the registering account. So if you have set your registration interval very low (which shouldn't be necessary, but hey that's up to you), then you are probably seeing the result of this. We ran into it a few years ago when testing a redundancy feature that required us to adjust the default registration timeout from 3600 seconds to 60. Every time that timer hit and the registration state updated, VM notification would pop up again.

I thought at one point Yealink added an option to control whether that happened but can't recall it now. Your best bet is to check that value on your account, and if you need it set to a low number open a ticket on the Yealink support system and see if they can provide you with a control setting to mute/suppress it.

jolouis - we are using the default registration timers.
The webGUI password thing is a common error in upgrading to the latest firmware, there are other posts about it but generally doing a factory reset and then re-provision solves the issue.

As far as the notification beeps go, if you are using default registration timing then I would suggest as the next logical step doing a packet trace or even doing a "sip set debug peer yyyy" from the Asterisk CLI to see if there are excessive updates or notifications being pushed out by your server. Once you know the server is not doing anything odd then you can open a ticket with Yealink support.
J’attends le mois d’octobre avec impatience pour voler en tunisie, enfin je me suis décidé pour traiter la gynécomastie, et au fond de moi je me sens très content. Ce n’est pas facile pour un homme d’avoir les mamelons saillants, j’ai choisi medespoir une suggestion de mon entourage !!!
(07-15-2019 09:55 AM)kimmed Wrote: [ -> ]J’attends le mois d’octobre avec impatience pour voler en tunisie, enfin je me suis décidé pour traiter la gynécomastie, et au fond de moi je me sens très content. Ce n’est pas facile pour un homme d’avoir les mamelons saillants, j’ai choisi medespoir une suggestion de mon entourage !!! myfirstpremiercard

The Yealinks typically pop up the voicemail notification box when they re-register to a server with a voicemail present for the registering account. So if you have set your registration interval very low (which shouldn't be necessary, but hey that's up to you), then you are probably seeing the result of this. We ran into it a few years ago when testing a redundancy feature that required us to adjust the default registration timeout from 3600 seconds to 60. Every time that timer hit and the registration state updated, VM notification would pop up again.

I thought at one point Yealink added an option to control whether that happened but can't recall it now.
Well, this is odd. The last time this occurred, it was with extension 1234. It is now happening again with 1234. Last time I found the problem to be the existence of a .lck file in the voicemail folder for the user. However, this time, that is not the case. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Reference URL's