Yealink Forums

Full Version: Wrong Password after fimrware upgrade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I'm having a issue with the new firmware and the T23G if I manually configure a phone and then change the password, after upgrading it I loose the access completely to the phones, and the only option I have is to reset the configuration and reconfig from scratch.
However if I apply the configuration by autoprovision the password remains the same.
I tried with several phones and configuring from different PC and browsers with the exact same results, that's why it seems strange to me that nobody mentioned it before

Regards
(05-28-2019 08:08 AM)Dario Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

I'm having a issue with the new firmware and the T23G if I manually configure a phone and then change the password, after upgrading it I loose the access completely to the phones, and the only option I have is to reset the configuration and reconfig from scratch.
However if I apply the configuration by autoprovision the password remains the same.
I tried with several phones and configuring from different PC and browsers with the exact same results, that's why it seems strange to me that nobody mentioned it before

Regards

Hi,

1. Please reset the phone to factory default.
2. Check carefully the password in provisioning file on unusable characters and spaces.

Hope this will help.
(05-29-2019 07:39 AM)complex1 Wrote: [ -> ]

Regards

Hi,

2. Check carefully the password in provisioning file on unusable characters and spaces.

Hope this will help.

Resetting the phone is the only solution to this problem by the moment, but is a big issue when you upgrade the phone of various clients, that when the want to change something I have to travel to the client to reset the phone to get access.

As I said the problem is not in provisioning, when the phone is configured via provisioning file all is ok.
The issue is with the hand configured phones, the steps to reproduce are simple, configure (by hand not provisioning) a T23 phone and change the admin and user password, then upgrade to the latest firmware and voilá you had lost the access to that phone until you factory reset the terminal
(06-03-2019 03:00 PM)Dario Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-29-2019 07:39 AM)complex1 Wrote: [ -> ]

Regards

Hi,

Hope this will help.

Resetting the phone is the only solution to this problem by the moment, but is a big issue when you upgrade the phone of various clients, that when the want to change something I have to travel to the client to reset the phone to get access.

As I said the problem is not in provisioning, when the phone is configured via provisioning file all is ok.
The issue is with the hand configured phones, the steps to reproduce are simple, configure (by hand not provisioning) a T23 phone and change the admin and user password, then upgrade to the latest firmware and voilá you had lost the access to that phone until you factory reset the terminal

People don't do it, but a rule of thumb is always do a reset to factory default after a firmware upgrade just to prevent this kind of issues.
Reference URL's