Yealink Forums

Full Version: Special Character for passwords
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello

I 've tried to lookup in docummentation what special character are allowed in authentication for autoprovisioning and for sip register.

Please, Could you gave us the list of allowed special carracters for passwords?

Regards

CST
(05-21-2019 09:33 AM)CST Wrote: [ -> ]Hello

I 've tried to lookup in docummentation what special character are allowed in authentication for autoprovisioning and for sip register.

Regards

CST

Hi,

0~9, A~Z, a~z and the following special characters are also supported: *.,'?!\-()@/:_;+&%=<>

Hope this will help.
(05-21-2019 10:42 AM)complex1 Wrote: [ -> ]

Regards

CST

Hi,

0~9, A~Z, a~z and the following special characters are also supported: *.,'?!\-()@/:_;+&%=<>

Hope this will help.

Hello

OK, but, we have problem with characters \ / when it used for auto provisioning password.
Is that a bug?

Regards
(05-23-2019 08:15 AM)CST Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-21-2019 10:42 AM)complex1 Wrote: [ -> ]

Regards

CST

Hi,

Hope this will help.

Hello

OK, but, we have problem with characters \ / when it used for auto provisioning password.
Is that a bug?

Regards

Hi,

The characters I mentioned are allowed in passwords to protect the phone.
If you have issues with some characters used in provisioning password, you have to check at the provision server end if they are allowed. Also check your SIP Provider if these characters allowed to be use.

Hope this will help.
I would never use any slashes as part of a password. Too many systems use that for file/directory/web path separation. Many systems will not even allow those as usable characters for user names OR passwords.
(05-23-2019 02:25 PM)Chris708 Wrote: [ -> ]I would never use any slashes as part of a password. Too many systems use that for file/directory/web path separation. Many systems will not even allow those as usable characters for user names OR passwords.

Just to add to this as complex1 mentioned many systems also use slashes or backslashes as escape characters, so I would second the suggestion to avoid them as potential sources of problems.
Reference URL's