Yealink Forums

Full Version: Cannot post - prevented by something called "Akismet"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've got a problem with my T29G, so I'm trying to write a post for help.

The forum's "Akismet" feature (whatever that is) is blocking my attempts to post, because it thinks my very detailed post, including configuration extracts, is spam.

In contrast, it lets a new poster called "Mariobernard61" post lots of spam messages about fake driving licenses without being challenged.

Why is my legitimate request for help being blocked, and why is "Mariobernard61"'s spam being permitted?
Preventing Spam is not a perfect science...
You posted this simple request... Now try to add some detail - perhaps using a dropbox or onedrive link.
(04-01-2019 03:18 PM)ModCraig Wrote: [ -> ]Preventing Spam is not a perfect science...
You posted this simple request... Now try to add some detail - perhaps using a dropbox or onedrive link.
Alright. My User CP page shows that there is a post in the system, with all the details of the problem - http://forum.yealink.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=42610 - but if I click on the link from my User CP page, I see "The specified thread does not exist."

That same User CP page shows that the post has had 3 views at time of this writing, so someone can see it otherwise the views count would not have increased.

Perhaps it is restricted to moderators or other forum administrators. As a moderator, perhaps you can see it and advise on the problem it describes.
appears thread was deleted at some point.
i have not been too active here over past year.
just an elected moderator.
Fair enough. No worries.

I can see that someone is reading the post; at last count the number of views had risen to 15, even though I can't see the contents despite being the author.

Evidently someone with sufficient privileges can see it; it'd be nice if that same person might see fit to press the "this isn't spam" button and allow the post to be published for all to see, and then the problem described therein might be addressed.
Akismet is an anti-spam plugin developed by Wordpress.com. It can filter out automated spam comments and traffic. The way we have implemented on blog https://allstreamingsites.com/. It works pretty well.
(06-11-2019 12:46 PM)maklanist Wrote: [ -> ]Akismet is an anti-spam plugin [...] It can filter out automated spam comments and traffic.
The evidence suggests otherwise. The preponderance of bot spam on this forum while carefully considered and well-written problem reports get blocked suggests that this is not accidental, either.
Reference URL's