Yealink Forums

Full Version: T42S phone not allowing to change default admin password?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have yealink phone T42S with firmware version 66.9.0.45 and I’m trying to change default password of admin to my own password.
When I log into phone using web browser I go to Security tab and for User type I select admin and for old password I enter admin.
For new password I enter a new password and for confirm password I re-enter my new password. Then phone automatically boots.
I wait a few minutes and when I try to login it does not accept my new password and I can’t log in. I have to hold ok button to reset
phone to factory settings.

How do you change default password admin to our own password?
(03-14-2019 08:23 PM)SysAdmin-Edgar Wrote: [ -> ]I have yealink phone T42S with firmware version 66.9.0.45 and I’m trying to change default password of admin to my own password.
When I log into phone using web browser I go to Security tab and for User type I select admin and for old password I enter admin.
For new password I enter a new password and for confirm password I re-enter my new password. Then phone automatically boots.
I wait a few minutes and when I try to login it does not accept my new password and I can’t log in. I have to hold ok button to reset
phone to factory settings.

How do you change default password admin to our own password?

Hi,

Please do not use a password with special characters and try again or ask the supplier of the firmware for help.
Looks like the firmware is customized.

Hope this will help.
Reference URL's