Yealink Forums

Full Version: W60B DECT can't dial 911, using wrong port
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm having an issue with ONLY the w60b DECT phones on a 3CX installation. The issue is that when calling 911, and only when calling 911, the phone is not using the correct SIP port. Instead of using port 3560 for the call, it goes back to the default of 5060 to make the call and thus fails. When calling any other number, it uses the correct port and the call goes through.

I have tried using the firmwares 77.83.0.20, 77.81.30, and 77.81.0.10 and it happens on all of them. I have attached pictures of the pertinent INVITE as captured by the pcap trace on the phone itself. The first attachment is the failed call to 911 and the second is the successful call to another number that uses the correct port.

This is a HUGE issue for us (and anyone really) that I need help with, any advise would be very welcome
(02-26-2019 05:41 PM)c.holloway Wrote: [ -> ]I'm having an issue with ONLY the w60b DECT phones on a 3CX installation. The issue is that when calling 911, and only when calling 911, the phone is not using the correct SIP port. Instead of using port 3560 for the call, it goes back to the default of 5060 to make the call and thus fails. When calling any other number, it uses the correct port and the call goes through.

I have tried using the firmwares 77.83.0.20, 77.81.30, and 77.81.0.10 and it happens on all of them. I have attached pictures of the pertinent INVITE as captured by the pcap trace on the phone itself. The first attachment is the failed call to 911 and the second is the successful call to another number that uses the correct port.

This is a HUGE issue for us (and anyone really) that I need help with, any advise would be very welcome

Hi,

If you are using account 1 and dial 911, the default port of the emergency server is 5060.

Please disable the Emergency dialplan feature: “dialplan.emergency.enable = 0” or add “dialplan.emergency.server.1.port = 3560“ to the “yealink.W60B.fxs.xml” template.

Hope this will help.
(02-26-2019 08:01 PM)complex1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-26-2019 05:41 PM)c.holloway Wrote: [ -> ]I'm having an issue with ONLY the w60b DECT phones on a 3CX installation. The issue is that when calling 911, and only when calling 911, the phone is not using the correct SIP port. Instead of using port 3560 for the call, it goes back to the default of 5060 to make the call and thus fails. When calling any other number, it uses the correct port and the call goes through.

Hi,

If you are using account 1 and dial 911, the default port of the emergency server is 5060.

Please disable the Emergency dialplan feature: “dialplan.emergency.enable = 0” or add “dialplan.emergency.server.1.port = 3560“ to the “yealink.W60B.fxs.xml” template.

Hope this will help.

Is there no way to do this via the web GUI? I can edit the template but that makes the device "unsupported" from the 3CX standpoint. Out of curiosity, why is that even setting, shouldn't calls to any number use the port specified by the provisioning?

(02-26-2019 08:29 PM)c.holloway Wrote: [ -> ]

Hi,

Hope this will help.

Is there no way to do this via the web GUI? I can edit the template but that makes the device "unsupported" from the 3CX standpoint. Out of curiosity, why is that even setting, shouldn't calls to any number use the port specified by the provisioning?

Unfortunately, I don't even think editing the template is an option. In the most recent version of 3CX, when you set up a DECT phone, you're not given the option to use a template, unlike the deskphones, you don't get the option to pick a custom template.
I can't satisfy your curiosity... lets say it by design.

There is no way to do this via the web GUI, only via auto-provision.

First edit the template if it will work for you and then submit a feature request (long way) of ask 3CX Support (shorter way) to add this parameter to the template or edit the template directly (shortest way) as I always do.
The downside is if 3CX update the template you will lose the settings.

Hi,

Hope this will help.

I'm just circling back to this as I've had a lot of other things going on but the client is getting pretty impatient. Neither of the above worked, (there is no dialplan.emergency.enable) likely because I can't edit the DECT template and provisioning as another kind of Yealink phone doesn't totally jive with the phone. Any other suggestions?
Reference URL's