Yealink Forums

Full Version: Hide Call History on Yealink IP Phones
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I have a client that has several Yealink T41 phones and I've setup dial prefix as a method of restricting outbound call to only authorized employees. The problem is with there old PBX system, they were prompted to enter a code, but with 3CX I don't see that options, hence the reason I use dial prefix.

Does anyone know how to hide or immediately delete the call history on the Yealink phone so when the redial button is pressed or if you go to Call History on the handset, it does NOT show the last called number + the dial prefix(code)?

All I am trying to do is restrict outbound calls to external number by using a code.
I'm not 3cx expert but that seems like a pretty basic dialplan/routing protection feature that should be present on the system without all the working around you're doing.

Have you re-read the documentation and contacted 3CX or your vendor to make sure that feature doesn't exist on the platform?

(Hint... google is your friend also:
Outgoing Call Restrictions)
(02-20-2019 05:25 AM)wizardwebsolutions Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I have a client that has several Yealink T41 phones and I've setup dial prefix as a method of restricting outbound call to only authorized employees. The problem is with there old PBX system, they were prompted to enter a code, but with 3CX I don't see that options, hence the reason I use dial prefix.

Does anyone know how to hide or immediately delete the call history on the Yealink phone so when the redial button is pressed or if you go to Call History on the handset, it does NOT show the last called number + the dial prefix(code)?

All I am trying to do is restrict outbound calls to external number by using a code.

Hi,

What you can try is set "Save Call Log" to Disable
(Features > General Information)
or in template:
features.save_call_history = 0
(02-20-2019 02:19 PM)jolouis Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not 3cx expert but that seems like a pretty basic dialplan/routing protection feature that should be present on the system without all the working around you're doing.

Have you re-read the documentation and contacted 3CX or your vendor to make sure that feature doesn't exist on the platform?

(Hint... google is your friend also:
Outgoing Call Restrictions)

I’m a member on the 3CX forum and no 3CX does not prompt you for a code before you make each call, hence you have to use dial prefix and this is not acceptable in my deployment. I have done quite a bit of research and could not find a good solution hence I decided to ask on this forum.

Any authorized person should be able to use any phone and make a call, but since anyone can just press redial, they will easily see you code(dial prefix).
(02-20-2019 07:06 PM)complex1 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

or in template:

Thanks for this suggestion. I'm going to give it a try see if this solve the "Call logs" hide request that I have.

(02-20-2019 07:06 PM)complex1 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,
or in template:

I just wanted to let you know that this solution worked!!! I simply logged into the phone GUI, then Features > General Information and then disabled Save Call Log.

Thanks Complex1
(02-20-2019 05:25 AM)wizardwebsolutions Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

A routing protection feature is absent on the system.Go to Features and then go to General Information and then disable Save Call Log dqfansurvey
Reference URL's