Yealink Forums

Full Version: How can I set the hostname for T46S?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi.
I would like to assign a hostname so that I can distinguish the T64S phones in syslog from each other.
How can I do this?
I am using the T46S(T48S,T42S,T41S)-66.84.0.15.rom
(02-14-2019 07:54 AM)proofy Wrote: [ -> ]Hi.
I would like to assign a hostname so that I can distinguish the T64S phones in syslog from each other.
How can I do this?
I am using the T46S(T48S,T42S,T41S)-66.84.0.15.rom

Hi,

Please log in the phone and go to "Features > General Information" and change "DHCP Hostname" in to the desired name, then press "Confirm".

Hope this will help.
(02-14-2019 08:35 AM)complex1 Wrote: [ -> ]Please log in the phone and go to "Features > General Information" and change "DHCP Hostname" in to the desired name, then press "Confirm".

Hope this will help.

Thank you very much for the quick answer.

This is where my problem comes in. This menu entry no longer exists.
I have added some screenshots.
(02-14-2019 09:46 AM)proofy Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-14-2019 08:35 AM)complex1 Wrote: [ -> ]Please log in the phone and go to "Features > General Information" and change "DHCP Hostname" in to the desired name, then press "Confirm".

Hope this will help.

Thank you very much for the quick answer.

This is where my problem comes in. This menu entry no longer exists.
I have added some screenshots.

Hi,

Please use the Web User Interface (WUI), not the Phone User Interface (PUI).
Open your web browser, enter the phone IP-address and log in.
(02-14-2019 10:49 AM)complex1 Wrote: [ -> ]Please log in the phone and go to "Features > General Information" and change "DHCP Hostname" in to the desired name, then press "Confirm".

sorry, my fault.

after I have set another hostname, it is unfortunately not sent with the syslog data to the syslog server.
This is probably another problem.
(02-15-2019 08:24 AM)proofy Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-14-2019 10:49 AM)complex1 Wrote: [ -> ]Please log in the phone and go to "Features > General Information" and change "DHCP Hostname" in to the desired name, then press "Confirm".

sorry, my fault.

after I have set another hostname, it is unfortunately not sent with the syslog data to the syslog server.
This is probably another problem.

Hi,

I have changed the DHCP Hostname of one of the Yealink phones I use and check my DHCP server.
After a while the DHCP server sees the new hostname.
I do not use a syslog server.
Reference URL's