Yealink Forums

Full Version: EDK Setup on T46G
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there,

I recently deployed a bunch of T46Gs for one of our clients that were provided by Intermedia. They're getting used to the new phones but said they miss two features their old phone system used to have, which I'm now trying to replicate through line keys or other configuration changes:

1. They want to be able to check voicemail from the phone itself without entering their PIN first.

2. They want to have a line key set up for each other user's extension that operates as a standard Busy Lamp Field (shows a green LED when that user is not on an active call, but changes to red when they are). However, when they press the line key to call the user, they want it to call them via an intercom (immediate connection) rather than the standard speed dial (have to wait for it to ring and the call to be accepted).

Is there any way to do this, particularly the second option, with a custom EDK? Doesn't seem like it'd be too difficult since those features are supported separately, but I'm in a bit over my head. Thanks in advance!
on point 2, you can do this, but it is two key strokes still roughly.
I set up a soft key to be Intercom, Softkey 4, is set to prefix, then value *80, label Intercom.
Then I can hit Intercom key on phones, and either enter the extension or pick that extension from the DSS.
I have phones set to auto answer. So when I hit Intercom key, phone goes to speakerphone immediately, and then I enter extension and other connected to other phone immediately, no ringing. Now if you call that extension by just pressing the DSS key, it does ring for the other person, and they have to manually answer their phone.

DSSkey, line key, I have one set for each extension. Only practical for like 20 or so extensions also to have all of them in there. But you can always type the extension after hitting the intercom key. I have some extensions set, example- type: BLF Value: 106 (extension) Label: 106 Robert Line: Line 1

on point 1, I will need to check on that.

Hope this helps.
(12-19-2018 05:41 PM)itcaustin Wrote: [ -> ]1. They want to be able to check voicemail from the phone itself without entering their PIN first.

If you know the dial code and access code for each mailbox, you can configure an EDK key to do that. Basically you need to dial the mailbox code, wait a second or two, then enter the user's password.

In my opinion if you have control over the PBX itself it's better to implement this kind of thing there, but it sounds like that may be out of your hands.

(12-19-2018 05:41 PM)itcaustin Wrote: [ -> ]2. They want to have a line key set up for each other user's extension that operates as a standard Busy Lamp Field (shows a green LED when that user is not on an active call, but changes to red when they are). However, when they press the line key to call the user, they want it to call them via an intercom (immediate connection) rather than the standard speed dial (have to wait for it to ring and the call to be accepted).

Not aware of a way to do this directly on the phones. Again if you have access to the PBX you can setup some custom manipulation there, or as pointed out use a two-step process.
Reference URL's