Yealink Forums

Full Version: T48 S/G SfB Questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hoping someone can help with some questions. I have a client wanting to move to SfB down the track but needs some phones now.

Thinking of T48 S/G SfB however, three small (probably dumb) questions:
- What's the difference between these two?
- Can they connect to an existing FreePBX server as current phones do instead/as well as SfB to make calls via existing ISDN lines?
- I can't see a bulk config tool like there is for the non SfB phones, or do you just use the one for the non-SfB version of the phone?

Thanks in advance,
Rod
1) T48S and T48S SfB are the same phones with different firmwares on them. The normal T48S is what you want for SIP, and when the time comes to go SfB then you can just get the licenses and do the firmware updates. T4xG series are discontinued, replaced by S series.
2) Not at the same time as different firmware is required. However, you can run SIP firmware for FreePBX now, and upgrade to SfB firmware for SfB later.
3) SfB is a completely different beast than FreePBX. You need to look into SfB and how it manages devices/configurations/etc. You might be able to use YDMP (or whatever they are gradually trying to turn it into) but personally I've never done that so no definitive answer.
Thanks very much for the answers jolouis.

Really appreciate the full and thorough answers.

Given the different firmware, there is a document that seems to show deployment for SfB, so that should be simple enough...

Regards,
Rod
Reference URL's