Yealink Forums

Full Version: WF50 wifi adapter on T48G?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Will the T48G ever be able to use the WF50 wifi adapter? This new adapter supports 5Ghz.
(12-06-2018 01:13 PM)freak Wrote: [ -> ]Will the T48G ever be able to use the WF50 wifi adapter? This new adapter supports 5Ghz.

Doubt it, Yealink development is focused on T4xS and T5 series these days. 48G is eol and probably will not be getting any new firmware updates to add features and support for new things... Not an official Yealink response but what I have observed over the years with other products that go EOL.
(12-06-2018 11:09 PM)jolouis Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-06-2018 01:13 PM)freak Wrote: [ -> ]Will the T48G ever be able to use the WF50 wifi adapter? This new adapter supports 5Ghz.

Doubt it, Yealink development is focused on T4xS and T5 series these days. 48G is eol and probably will not be getting any new firmware updates to add features and support for new things... Not an official Yealink response but what I have observed over the years with other products that go EOL.

I have customers with T46Gs, and recently deployed some T46S at a new client with WF50s. Had a spare WF50, and am disappointed it wont work with my own older T46G. The WF40 would have worked, right? Also, I think I might be able to use the WF50 on a normal windows laptop instead of just shelving it. 8-(
Reference URL's