Yealink Forums

Full Version: Device Managemtn Platform
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
not sure what this is used for but if its something that I can use then I want it. Is this used to control phones out in the field or local phones only? Currently I use the RPS, am i to Configure the RPS to go to this YDMP or to my server? if to the YDMP then how do I pull the config file from my Multi tenant?
(08-27-2018 11:21 PM)Kala Wrote: [ -> ]not sure what this is used for but if its something that I can use then I want it. Is this used to control phones out in the field or local phones only? Currently I use the RPS, am i to Configure the RPS to go to this YDMP or to my server? if to the YDMP then how do I pull the config file from my Multi tenant?

Hey Kala. You seem to have bumped into much of what I have gone through.

To clear a couple things, when you say "my server" and "multi-tenant" I am assuming you mean your provisioning server.

TL;DR: We used YDMP to replace our current provisioning server. RPS is used to send to YDMP in case the phone needs to be reset to default. If you already have the config file for a model you can copy and paste it into the TEXT area. EDIT: As of now, the YDMP does not work properly so I would not use it in production.

I can tell you what we did to handle this. Adjust it to your own scenario. We created the YDMP on our internal network on our redundant cluster. Created a public and private DNS entry with a fqdn to the internal ip and also to the external IP routed to the server. When we set up the phones here in the warehouse, we use the fqdn. When we ship the phones, the fqdn will resolve the public IP. Easy peasy. Now in the RPS we set the devices to go to the fqdn (ex. https://<fqdn>:28443/dm.cfg)

Set up the configs for the models then added extra functions to the TEXT section. Added specific functions in the Group Provisioning system. I do not use the provisioning on our provisioning server anymore. The YDMP seems to have more features and areas to configure overall. Plus, YDMP will allow you to configure any attached phone config on the fly and update them in groups.
Reference URL's