Yealink Forums

Full Version: Remote phone management
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am looking to implement YDMP to be able to manage client phones over the internet.

Other then setting up a VPN from each phone or site to site link is there anyway for the phones to report into the server directly over the internet?

If not will this functionality be added at a later date?
(08-21-2018 03:14 AM)superioritsolutions Wrote: [ -> ]I am looking to implement YDMP to be able to manage client phones over the internet.

Other then setting up a VPN from each phone or site to site link is there anyway for the phones to report into the server directly over the internet?

If not will this functionality be added at a later date?

As it stands, you have to use the service as you would any other service that needs to be reached by the public. You can use a VPS or a server in a datacenter. If you need the server internal than forward the necessary ports on your firewall.

I would not recommend a VPN. If the phone needs to be reset to defaults, you will not be able to reach the provisioning server. RPS to YDMP is a valid solution.

Hopefully by the time YDMP is released as a subscription service, they will have a middleman proxy to help people with Nat issues or those that can't modify their firewall. Most services provide this.

Yealink, chime in on this please.
Reference URL's