Yealink Forums

Full Version: T46S recovery mode doesn't upload .rom file, Always "Start Updating..."
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all,

I am following the instructions to fix a bricked T46S phone and I am able to successfully get the phone to talk to my tftp server on my computer and it will go as far as uploading the .rfs and .bin files to the phone, but once it does the phone changes to a light-blue background with Red letters that says "Start Updating..." and doesn't do anything further. After a few minutes, the phone reboots and says always "Initializing...please wait". I suspect, that it runs in a timeout.

In the tftp syslog, I see the read request from the phone for T46S.rom, T46S.bin and T46S.rfs. The T46S.bin and T46S.rfs are loaded successfully to the phone, but by the request for T46.rom, the tftp tells me, that the file is too large.

Any ideas as to what could be going wrong with my attempt to fix this?

Can someone help me to get the phone up and running again?

Thanks.
Hi Andreas,

I'm experiencing the same problem.

Unable to recovery from USB, unable to recovery from tftp : same error "file too large" on t46.rom

Unfortunatly yealink phone support is not reachable the phone number is always occupied.

I think there's no solution for this issue except rma exchange
Reference URL's