Yealink Forums

Full Version: Call Park customization
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am a consultant working with a frustrated Vonage business customer.

We are using T21P E2 phones.

With help from Vonage, we created two customized buttons. We call them PARK and GRAB.

They automate the process of parking a call and retrieving it.

PARK is associated with the second line button and automates pressing the transfer button and dialing *103. This is the Vonage sequence for parking a call.

GRAB is associated with the third programmable softkey below the display. It automates dialing *104, the Vonage call pickup code.

Unfortunately, when Vonage pushes a firmware update to the phone, it partially wipes out the entries for PARK on line two. The PARK label still shows up on the phone, but the *103 entry goes away in the setup fields on the phone.

Paradoxically, the firmware update doesn't wipe out the GRAB function on the softkey.

We'd like to put the PARK customization on a softkey also, so that it hopefully won't be wiped out in the future when the firmware is updated.

Is that possible? This thread points to a solution, but will it survive firmware updates? http://forum.yealink.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=13859

Many thanks!

anonymous1711612242218

Hi James,

Sorry for the incovenience.

Since Vonage leverage the first and second key as linekey, everytime they push a new firmware or send the provisioning files to the phone, those settings will be wiped out. As you noticed, when you press the second 'PARK' key, it will now go into the dialing mode.

So to resolve that, you can configure the third and fourth key with PARK and GRAB respectively. Then the next time it won't wipe your config.

Feel free to let me know if you have any questions.
Thanks for the reply.

I proposed that Vonage help us customize the 3rd and 4th custom keys as PARK and GRAB, but they never came back with a solution and I simply don't have the time or inclination to figure it out myself.

I proposed that they upgrade us to the four line Yealink T41S phones for free and implement their free SLA (shared line appearance) feature, which allows public hold and pickup from any phone. They balked at the free phone upgrades, so we are paying a nominal charge (not full rate) and we get to keep the existing phones, which were free to begin with. I'll probably sell them on Ebay.

So, we will solve it with new hardware and the SLA feature, which is probably faster and more reliable.

Of course, if Vonage had their act together, they would have sold us the T41S phones to begin with, but such is life. When I sold phone systems 40 years ago for the Bell System, we actually sat down with customers and determined their needs, then designed a custom setup. These days, apparently nobody has time for that stuff.
Reference URL's