Yealink Forums

Full Version: T48G Display Bug - Please help !
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I hope somebody can help, i get this display bug on my phone over night. YEM ist the Company i bought this phone. I made a restart, but it ditnt help... What can i do ?
(03-15-2018 09:40 AM)Gero Wrote: [ -> ]I hope somebody can help, i get this display bug on my phone over night. YEM ist the Company i bought this phone. I made a restart, but it ditnt help... What can i do ?

Hi,

Please contact the reseller by email of phone and tell them you have issues with a phone you bought from them.
Keep in mind: You are entitled of a 1-2 years warranty period when buying a product.

Hope this will help.
(03-15-2018 09:40 AM)Gero Wrote: [ -> ]I hope somebody can help, i get this display bug on my phone over night. YEM ist the Company i bought this phone. I made a restart, but it ditnt help... What can i do ?

For me this doesn't look like a bug more like defective display. If you still have warranty on your device let the dealer take care of it either by repair or switching out the phone.
Reference URL's