Yealink Forums

Full Version: set ringer minimum volume
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
i have a strange situation and need to disable (or set a minimum volume) the ability to turn the ringer off. one of the receptionists turns off the ringer periodically and forgets to turn it back on which of course results in complaints that the phone is not getting answered.

i can't find any way to set the minimum ringer volume - is there a way to do this?
hi

thanks for your information

for the present , the volume key can set the voice to silence and this is made by design , we will submit to our product team to see if they can lock the volume control key or not
Any update on this? Setting to disable volume control or set minimum??
Any word on if this can be implemented?
(07-25-2015 05:31 AM)Yealink_Michael Wrote: [ -> ]hi

thanks for your information

for the present , the volume key can set the voice to silence and this is made by design , we will submit to our product team to see if they can lock the volume control key or not

Is there an update on this?
Could you provide the contact details of the support team if this forum is only for information purposes only??

Thanks
Yes, about the requirement, we have submit it to our Product Dept, and we are collect more information now. Can you kindly tell me why do you want to use this feature? And do you know any other brand ip phone that can support this feature?

Also, you can send the email to support@yealink.com if any question. Thank you.
(11-10-2016 08:38 AM)Yealink_Lucia Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, about the requirement, we have submit it to our Product Dept, and we are collect more information now. Can you kindly tell me why do you want to use this feature? And do you know any other brand ip phone that can support this feature?

Also, you can send the email to support@yealink.com if any question. Thank you.

Thank you for your reply.

The reason to have this feature(?) is exactly the same as mentioned earlier by the first user; we have customers asking how to stop people from muting the ringer so that the incoming calls are answered on time.
I have not checked the other brands yet. But we can raise this feature request (if not available) with them and start selling their products instead. I have found Yealink phones reliable and easy to configure, and would like to stay with your products. Hence I have bothered to find your forum, and ask again the question raised a year ago by other users.
I am very surprised that it has not been implemented yet nor available with the firmware upgrade.
Thank you for your quick and detail reply.

I will feedback it to our Product Dept again with this requirement to see if they can lock the volume control key or not.

Hope you a nice day.

Lucia
Hello Lucia,

Just following up to see if there is any word on locking the volume control key.

Thank you,

Robert
Yes, our PM have add it in the plan, and will let the phone support it in the near feature.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's