Yealink Forums

Full Version: T58V App - Skype For Business App SDK for Android supported?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When I deploy an Android app that we develop at WorkstreamPeople on the T58V with the phone's Web UI, the app works OK but when I start a video/audio call using Microsoft's Skype For Business App SDK for Android, it crashes.

Also, no permission dialogs are shown for accessing the camera and microphone.

I am using the most recent firmware (Dec 2017).

(how) are apps using Microsoft's Skype For Business App SDK for Android on the TV58 supported?

anonymous1711612242218

(01-12-2018 01:27 PM)VincentH Wrote: [ -> ]When I deploy an Android app that we develop at WorkstreamPeople on the T58V with the phone's Web UI, the app works OK but when I start a video/audio call using Microsoft's Skype For Business App SDK for Android, it crashes.

Also, no permission dialogs are shown for accessing the camera and microphone.

I am using the most recent firmware (Dec 2017).

(how) are apps using Microsoft's Skype For Business App SDK for Android on the TV58 supported?

Hi Vincent,

1. T58V is Android OS indeed, but installing the 3rd party app is not recommended to ensure the professional and stable user experience as a business phone, so we restrict the priviledge of app installing as we all know Android is less stable.
2. What app did you install onto the T58V? Can you send the .apk file to me so I can have a local test?
3. What do you mean by app crashed when starting a call from the SFB App SDK? Is this call initiated from the computer and then it caused the app the on the phone to crash?
4. The official Skype for Business app is compatible with T58V, we have tested it and no issue was found. Can you send me the auto provision template when you installed this app? For below example,

#!version:1.0.0.1
pm.version = standard
pm.check_permission = none
app.install_url = http://10.88.0.7:8080/SFB.apk

If you put pm.check_permission = none in the template, the app will not give you any permission pop-up and allow it by default.

5. We only have T58V's SDK kit for debugging purpose if you want to develop an app, and we don't know anything about the Microsoft SFB App SKD.
See the link below,
http://download.support.yealink.com/down...s_V1.0.pdf

Kind Regards
Samuel Wang
Reference URL's