Yealink Forums

Full Version: T58V App Push Notifications supported?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Wen I deploy an Android app that we develop at WorkstreamPeople on the T58V with the phone's Web UI, the app works OK but push notifications in the app are not shown.

I am using the most recent firmware (Dec 2017).

(how) are push notifications in 3rd party apps on the TV58 supported?

anonymous1712222627012

(01-12-2018 01:17 PM)VincentH Wrote: [ -> ]Wen I deploy an Android app that we develop at WorkstreamPeople on the T58V with the phone's Web UI, the app works OK but push notifications in the app are not shown.

I am using the most recent firmware (Dec 2017).

(how) are push notifications in 3rd party apps on the TV58 supported?

Hi Vincent,

T58V is Android OS indeed, but installing the 3rd party app is not recommended to ensure the professional and stable user experience as a business phone, so we restrict the priviledge of app installing as we all know Android is less stable.

Regarding this issue, would you please send me the .apk file so I can have a local test?

Kind Regards
Samuel Wang
(01-12-2018 01:17 PM)VincentH Wrote: [ -> ]the app works OK but push notifications in the app are not shown.

Hi,

Same with PushSafer Android app.

Support is evaluating the application, so perhaps that Android notification center which has certainly been "disabled" into the embedded Android version, will be enabled / authorized again by dev team (at least on a per-application basis ?)

Ben
For push notifications you would need to install Google Play Services.
You can get this as an APK.
How you install it, I dont know yet...
Reference URL's