Yealink Forums

Full Version: Default Password No Longer Works
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We just provisioned a base and 2 handsets with Ring Central today. I note that I can no longer access the base using the default password. I did NOT change it.

Firmware for base is 25.73.0.40
Handset is 26.50.0.20
Hi,

Maybe Ring Central provide you (the base) a new password during provisioning the base?
If you did not change it… Have you ask them about it?

P.S. why are you still running the old handset firmware 26.50.0.20?
Please upgrade to 26.73.0.11
They did not change password. I have no idea why the handset is at that version. This is a NEW install. If I try and upgrade the handset firmware via the handset menu, it says it is up to date.

I will look to see how to upgrade a different way...

(07-22-2015 03:49 AM)complex1 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

Maybe Ring Central provide you (the base) a new password during provisioning the base?
If you did not change it… Have you ask them about it?

P.S. why are you still running the old handset firmware 26.50.0.20?
Please upgrade to 26.73.0.11
Hi,

Please upgrade handset firmware as describe in the FAQ
http://forum.yealink.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=1420
Too bad I cannot access the web interface with default password :-)
Reset the base to factory default and check if you can login with the default password.
Then reprovision the base from Ring Central and check again if you can login to the base.
If NOT then Ring Central definitely changed your login password.

BTW. It is also possible to upgrade the handsets using a USB cable, so you don’t have to login to the base ;-)
Easier said than done. I don't know how to provision from Ring Central. We had a tech guy do it. It was painful...

I'll figure it out. Thanks.

(07-22-2015 04:10 AM)complex1 Wrote: [ -> ]Reset the base to factory default and check if you can login with the default password.
Then reprovision the base from Ring Central and check again if you can login to the base.
If NOT then Ring Central definitely changed your login password.

BTW. It is also possible to upgrade the handsets using a USB cable, so you don’t have to login to the base ;-)
Good luck and keep me posted.
(07-22-2015 03:21 AM)pooba53 Wrote: [ -> ]We just provisioned a base and 2 handsets with Ring Central today. I note that I can no longer access the base using the default password. I did NOT change it.

Firmware for base is 25.73.0.40
Handset is 26.50.0.20

I believe the first time your W52P base registers with the Ring Central, they automatically change the default password via a script. I don't believe Ring Central allows their customers to alter any changes to the W52P via the unit's admin portal.
Reference URL's