Yealink Forums

Full Version: connecting yealink t21p over vpn connection with username &password
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello yealink, can you give me simplest explanation to connect yealink t21p over vpn connection..
i had read :
http://www.yealink.com/Upload/T2X/201311...Phones.pdf
But i still don't understand well..
can you give me explanation step by step how to make tar file and what is the composition in the tar file..
as information, i have vpn connection from public ip to connect to my intranet ip with security user name and password..
in the other word, with my vpn connection i can connect my mobile phone to my pbx server (with user name and password for security to get vpn connection)..
We set vpn with microtic routers..
please give me explanation what step by step must i do..
thanks
Hello Kohan,

1. Firstly, please make sure that your current VPN server use OpenVPN protocol. Yealink phones can only work with OpenVPN.
2. If yes, then create a tar file. I attach a sample, you need to replace the parameter in .cnf file and replace the certificate in Keys folder.
3. Add this parameter to your tar file.
"auth-user-pass [file]", replace the [file] with credential file path.
4. The credential file can be created follow the tips in this FAQ
http://support.yealink.com/faq/faqInfo?id=217

Regards,
James
How can we know my vpn connection is openvpn or not?
I just know that my vpn connection was made by setting routing at mikrotik routers (without vpn server)

Sory mr james..
please give me more detail what must i do/change with your attached sample tar..
and would you like to give more explanation about CA certificate and client certificate?
Hi Kohan,

May I know who setup the VPN server? You just need to get the info from him/her.

The CA certificate and client certificate are also provided by the person who setup VPN server for you.

Regards,
James
When I connect to vpn server from my android/smart phone (SAMSUNG), i just set ip vpn server and username - password and click connect, after that vpn server give internal ip to my phone and my phone can access all intranet application in my office..
i need not instal or save CA and client certificate in my smartphone..
is it show that our vpn server don't use CA certificate and client certificate?
And if it's true, what must i do with the tar file must i upload to my yealink t21p?
Regards,
Kohan
Sir, i had use mikrotik routers also for vpn connection..
but I still not understand to make tar file for my yealink t21p..
had yealink RND tested it for simulation?
would you like to give me your sample setting for that case?
Did your tar file using client and CA certificate? Where can we find that certificate?

Regards,
Sir, i had just succeed to configure openvpn server on windows platform.. the gui icon says that i had connected..
but i still don't sure my openvpn server woeking properly or not..
i had upload my openvpn.tar to my yealink t21p but still not connect..
what step by step method to make sure my problem..
thx
The step by step method to create a tar file has been included in the doc you attach in first post:
http://www.yealink.com/Upload/T2X/201311...Phones.pdf

There is no other doc about OpenVPN. Maybe you can do a seach in internet for more info. In phone side, you just need to create a tar file.
The tar file include vpn.cnf file and necessary certificates.

Regards,
Reference URL's