Yealink Forums

Full Version: POE failure causing phone to reboot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In the last 6 months, we have about 5 phones have the issue that POE no longer works properly. Seems to have enough power to start the phone, but once it starts to set it's self up, it reboots again. If I plug in the wall power adapter, phone will work, or if I replace the phone with a spare phone the poe network port seems to be working fine.

I have tried the same phone on different switches, and it seems to be an issue with the phone.

Has anyone else come across this, or is there a component that needs to be replaced on the phones processor board? We have been very happy with the phones and they are only about 5 years old. I would hate to have to replace them.

Thanks

Jasit
(11-08-2017 07:24 PM)jasit Wrote: [ -> ]In the last 6 months, we have about 5 phones have the issue that POE no longer works properly. Seems to have enough power to start the phone, but once it starts to set it's self up, it reboots again. If I plug in the wall power adapter, phone will work, or if I replace the phone with a spare phone the poe network port seems to be working fine.

I have tried the same phone on different switches, and it seems to be an issue with the phone.

Has anyone else come across this, or is there a component that needs to be replaced on the phones processor board? We have been very happy with the phones and they are only about 5 years old. I would hate to have to replace them.

Thanks

Jasit
Hi Jasit,

Usually the phone reboot automatically is because the power supply isn't enough, please check the POE consumption in below link and make sure that your switch can provide sufficient Power:

http://support.yealink.com/faq/faqInfo?id=125

If the issue still exist, it should be a hardware problem, please contact your vendor or local distributor and send the problem description for a help.

If any question, please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards
Aishion
Reference URL's