Yealink Forums

Full Version: Remote Phone Book - I'm in multiple troubles
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Folks, hi Yealink,

I've searched all through this forum and the internet. Now I'm definitely stuck.

The main issue is, that I can't get a connection to the remote xml phone book from the handheld. I'm stuck with the "Connect Error" Message.

Through out my re-search I've run over multiple definitions on how the xml should be structured.

The built-in template of the W56P station is as follows:

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8' ?>
<root_contact>
<contact display_name="john" office_number="123456" mobile_number="123456" other_number="123456" line="0" ring="" group_id_name="0" default_photo="Default:default_contact_image.png" selected_photo="0" is_favorate="0"/>
</root_contact>

BUT this is completely different of all found threads here in this forum as well as some stuff found on the internet site of yealink.

QUESTION 1: How must the XML be structured for W56P?

I've a Synology as NAS, where the phone book (should) be accessible for the W56P. As of now, everything I've tried so far had no trouble to access the XLM file by the URL xxx.xx.xx.105/contacts.xlm. Only the W56P continues with the error message "Connect Error" on the mobile device.

QUESTION 2: Is there any advice on the web UI of the W56P (Directory / Remote Phone Book) which I must follow to get the connection working from the mobile device? Or do I need to configure something somewhere else?

Grateful for any help getting me over this hurdle. Thanks.
Hi,

Please do not mix local (handset) phonebook and remote phonebook. They are different to each other.

The build-in template of the handset look like this:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<root_group>
    <group display_name="All Contacts" />
    <group display_name="Blacklist" />
</root_group>
<root_contact>
    <contact display_name="complex1" office_number="" mobile_number="0615" other_number="" line="0" ring="" group_id_name="All Contacts" />
</root_contact>
If you want to make use of the local phonebook please follow the default and built-in template.

The template for remote phonebook look somewhat like this:
Code:
<XXXIPPhoneDirectory clearlight="true">
  <Title>Phonelist</Title>
  <Prompt>Prompt</Prompt>
  <DirectoryEntry>
    <Name>complex1</Name>
    <Telephone>0615</Telephone>
  </DirectoryEntry>
</XXXIPPhoneDirectory>
Use this setup if you want to make use of a remote phonebook.

Hope this will help.
BAM! complex1

Yeah, your suggestion worked - for the remote book. Thank you.

Now I'm looking for something supporting me to create such an XML File. The Excel Sheet with Macro of Yealink, unfortunately, doesn't work (some compiler error / missing bibliotheke or similar) - I'm on a Mac (OS X). The Macro (Project) is password protected therefore I can't help myself with the macro. And before I start developing such a macro from scratch I'll give a try to find something exiting.

Regards
Fx.

(09-01-2017 06:47 PM)complex1 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

Please do not mix local (handset) phonebook and remote phonebook. They are different to each other.

The build-in template of the handset look like this:
Code:
<root_group>
    <group display_name="All Contacts" />
    <group display_name="Blacklist" />
</root_group>
<root_contact>
    <contact display_name="complex1" office_number="" mobile_number="0615" other_number="" line="0" ring="" group_id_name="All Contacts" />
</root_contact>
If you want to make use of the local phonebook please follow the default and built-in template.

The template for remote phonebook look somewhat like this:
Code:
<XXXIPPhoneDirectory clearlight="true">
  <Title>Phonelist</Title>
  <Prompt>Prompt</Prompt>
  <DirectoryEntry>
    <Name>complex1</Name>
    <Telephone>0615</Telephone>
  </DirectoryEntry>
</XXXIPPhoneDirectory>
Use this setup if you want to make use of a remote phonebook.

Hope this will help.
Reference URL's