Yealink Forums

Full Version: Managing\Enabling 4 simultaneous calls W56P
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I need some assistance please.

We recently purchased a W56P Handset and Base combo and our client required both SLA and the ability to manage multiple calls, up to 4 simultaneously from one SIP account on the one device as advertised. Answer a call, put it on hold, answer another call, put it on hold, answer a third call, put it on hold and then answer a fourth call, put that call on hold and then go back and retrieve the second call I had on hold already (example), all the while I have the other three calls still on hold. I am currently doing it with T48G\S phones. I need it (W56P) to behave exactly the same way. I currently assigned all incoming and outgoing calls to be handled by Handset 1.

All of this was managed under Account->Number assignment.

It appears that this is not working. My client insists that he is still only able to answer 2 calls & put on them hold and no more. How do you set up the handset to handle and put on hold 4 simultaneous calls, please?

Thank you in advance!
Dear Laz,

Yes, the W56P can support up to 4 simultaneously call, but it is for the base. No mater how many handsets you register, it can totally support up to 4 simultaneously calls for this base.
But for one handset, it can support up to 2 simultaneously calls.

Best Rregards
Lucia
(08-17-2017 02:32 AM)Lucia Wrote: [ -> ]Dear Laz,

Yes, the W56P can support up to 4 simultaneously call, but it is for the base. No mater how many handsets you register, it can totally support up to 4 simultaneously calls for this base.
But for one handset, it can support up to 2 simultaneously calls.

Best Rregards
Lucia

Thank you for your reply\post Lucia. along with your comments in the above and reply from both Yealink Support as well as other resources, it appears to be a limitation of the actual handset itself (W56H).

Yealink Support:
Paul_Yealink Reply Aug 17, 2017 06:02:49 +0800
• Changed Description from "..." to "..."
Hi James,
The Base station support up to 4 simultaneously calls and the headset support up to 2 simultaneously calls.
You can register 2 headset to the Base station, then the base station can support 4 simultaneously calls.
BR
Paul

As well as a YouTube Post\Conversation in the thread, see below;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_0g53uk...5624104917

Thank you once again!
Best Regards,

James
Reference URL's