Yealink Forums

Full Version: Update skipped
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When I plug in my Yealink phones they take a moment to initialize. Part of this process towards the end displays a message on the phone, "Update skipped". Why does it skip updates for?
(08-07-2017 09:27 PM)nestman Wrote: [ -> ]When I plug in my Yealink phones they take a moment to initialize. Part of this process towards the end displays a message on the phone, "Update skipped". Why does it skip updates for?

Hi,

I have seen this before at phone who are provisioned by a PBX.
I think the message “Update skipped” will say there are no changes found on PBX side as on phone side during power-up.

Hope this will help.
To further expand on complex1's answer:

If you are running a phone that has RPS support in the firmware, part of the boot process is for that phone to reach out to the RPS server and check to see if it has been registered to an RPS account; if it has it would grab that provisioning information, and do a provision request to the specified server. The message "Update Skipped", in my experience at least, shows briefly when the phone does the request to the RPS server, but that device has not been registered so the server sends a response telling the phone to continue on booting without RPS provisioning.

(We helped do the initial testing of RPS years ago, and in the first versions the phones used to hang on that "Update Skipped" screen and wait for you to press OK to continue... much better that they just flash it briefly and carry on automatically these days ;o)
Dear,

Jolouis gave a good answer.

Phone powered on for the first time and will sending RPS request to the RPS server, if you haven't configured this phone on the RPS server, that displays the message
"Update skipped" on the phone, then the phone will skip the RPS process, at this time phone will check if any other auto provision process is configured on your local side , if yes , the phone will do the auto provision , and after the auto provision finished.

Have a good day!

Best Regards,
Evan You
I know that this is an old thread, but I just wanted to add information to it.
I just had this problem. Yealink RPS was saying that the device successfully registered and communicated with it but still, i had the message "Update Skipped".
To make it go thru and send the request to my provision server, I had to remove a "/" that i had in my password. As soon as I removed it, I rebooted the phone and it went thru with the provision.

In other words, keep your password simple.
A-Z
a-z
0-9
Reference URL's