Yealink Forums

Full Version: VPN Offline allow phone to work
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,
If the phone can't connect to the VPN it would be great to allow the phone to then still be able to connect to the SIP servers. Right now if it happens even if the IPs are route able the phones won't connect
(08-04-2017 08:02 PM)Clair Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,
If the phone can't connect to the VPN it would be great to allow the phone to then still be able to connect to the SIP servers. Right now if it happens even if the IPs are route able the phones won't connect

That doesn't sound right... are you sure you have the account configured properly? For example, on account 1 you should have SIP server 1 as the VPN reachable server (i.e. 192.168.5.1), and SIP server 2 as the public/backup server (i.e. 76.65.23.12). If the VPN fails to connect or goes offline, the primary server is unreachable and the phone switches to trying the secondary server.

Bigger question is what are you doing on the server side of things to protect yourself if you want to allow SIP connections without any real security? (I assume the VPN is there to ensure your server is not sitting wide open to the public internet just waiting to be hijacked...)
Reference URL's