Yealink Forums

Full Version: Yealink RPS Charge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,
Is it a common thing for resellers to charge a 1 time setup fee per phone for RPS?
Does that include provisioning the phone (i.e. assigning a configuration to it), or just using RPS account in order to point the phones to an existing/third party provisioning server?

At the end of the day it is all "services being provided to the enduser". The main thing Yealink does not want is if you were to try and charge another reseller for access to your RPS account (that would be pointless anyway though since Yealink does not charge for RPS in the first place, so the other reseller could just go and get their own account for free). Anything outside of that one point is entirely in the realm of how you handle your customers and their device management.

(Most customers don't know/care about RPS, provisioning etc. All they know is "does my phone work?" and "Can somebody help me fix it when it doesn't?")
It is just for them to create the account and add the phones to the interface pointing to our SIP server that we manage.
Are other resellers able to create an RPS account and then I add my phones that way?
If you are selling the Yealink phones to the others, then I would say it's fair to charge a small amount in exchange for that RPS setup (think of it as part of the provisioning/account setup to get the phone active on your server). Having said that, remember it's a convenience thing for your resellers... there is nothing keeping them from going to Yealink and getting their own RPS account in order to do the same thing without paying whatever small fee you charge for that part of it.
Reference URL's