Yealink Forums

Full Version: T46G Audible ring on second incoming call.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I've been looking around through the v80 and v81 admin guide and release notes and I haven't been able to figure this one out, but I'd like to configure some T46G desk phones to audibly ring on incoming calls when the user is already on the phone.

I found this thread indicating that support for this feature should be introduced in either v80 or v81:

http://forum.yealink.com/forum/showthrea...9#pid13629

That noted, I still haven't found exactly how to enable this.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Dear,

Yes, we evaluate this new feature, but find the limited of hardware which we can not support it at the present.
Suggest to configure the call waiting tone to make the second call tone louder:
phone webUI path: webUI>>settings>>tones>>call waiting
(07-10-2017 05:39 AM)Lucia Wrote: [ -> ]but find the limited of hardware which we can not support it at the present.

From a design/engineering perspective I get this... i.e. Yealink never thought of this requirement and so designed the phones to only have a single DSP that handles all audio. When you're on a call the DSP is busy processing the voice traffic and so cannot be available to generate the ringtone on the speaker.

From an end user perspective though this seems like a pretty big oversight. I am surprised that with all the hardware changes over the years nobody ever thought to properly solve this problem by adding an additional chip or hardware channel to allow the speaker and handset to run in parallel... surely these days that couldn't represent a huge cost factor to do.
I agree that it seems like a pretty big oversight. Basically this means we have to install an additional device in the room to do the ringing while the phones are occupied. I would like to make this a feature request for future hardware revisions as it certainly can't be complicated or expensive to implement.
Yes, we have feedbacked to our PM to evaluate.
We will try our best to meet the customer's requirement. Thank you for all your concern and suggestion.

Best Regards
Lucia
Reference URL's