Yealink Forums

Full Version: T46S call answering problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
One of our customers reported that they cannot answer calls by lifting the handset. The only way they are answering calls is by pressing the line soft key when its flashing. After the call is answered they can use the handset normally. What could cause such "malfuncion"? I'm pretty sure that it is some kind of a wrong setup on their side, but I have no idea what they did with the phone.
Hi Minerva,

May i know what firmware loaded on the phone?
per this issue, can you use handset to hang up one call?
please reset the phone and make an IP call, can the call be answered with handset?
please share more.
thank you.

BR
Hi Minerva,

Could also be as simple as the user not seating the handset on the hookswitch properly. For example we had a customer who complained about this several times until finally we had a tech go to site to see for himself. Turned out the phone was sitting up against a stack of books, and the tip of the speaker part of the handset was sitting against the spines instead of actually sitting in the cradle and depressing the hook switch. Moved the phone backwards an inch and problem disappeared ;o)

YMMV of course but just a hint about some of the "non-firmware" problems that might be causing the issue you're seeing.
Reference URL's