Yealink Forums

Full Version: T23P provisioning with different firmware versions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,
First post here, already with problem Undecided

I got T23P SIP phone and I am trying to configure auto provisioning for it. My TFTP server is working fine and it is visible in the network for phone. I'm using DHCP server to propagate IP address of the TFTP server for provisioning. Aaaand it is working, but not all statements. My TFTP/provisioning server contain 3 files:

- y000000000044.cfg - common file cfg that contains:

Code:
#!version:1.0.0.1

################################################################################​#######
##                                   Security                                        ##      
################################################################################​#######

static.security.user_password = admin:adminpass
static.security.user_name.user = useruser
static.security.user_password = useruser:userpass

##                                   Autoprovision            ##                     ##

static.auto_provision.power_on = 1
static.auto_provision.dhcp_option.enable = 1
static.auto_provision.server.url = tftp://10.1.0.1

##                                   Language Settings                               ##

static.lang.wui = English
static.lang.gui = French

##                                   Features DND                                    ##      

features.dnd.enable = 1

but Security, Autoprovision and Language Settings statements does not work, only DND comes turned on after phone reset to factory settings. So this config is visible for phone, but why this won't change those settings? I need to change default admin password and user password for Action URI server.

- 001565XXXXXX.boot - MAC-oriented boot file (XXXXXX is this T23P phone last digits of MAC addr) that contains almost nothing:

Code:
## The header above must appear as-is in the first line

overwrite_mode = 1

- 001565XXXXXX.cfg - MAC-oriented config file (XXXXXX is this T23P phone last digits of MAC addr) that contains SIP account data, SIP server information, URI server and Dial Plan.

Code:
account.1.enable = 1
account.1.label = MR X
account.1.display_name = MR X
account.1.user_name = username
account.1.auth_name = username
account.1.password = pass
account.1.sip_server.1.address = a.b.c.d

##                                   Features Action URI                             ##      

features.action_uri_limit_ip = e.f.g.h

##                                   Dial Plan                                       ##      

dialplan.replace.prefix.1 = xx
dialplan.replace.replace.1 = xx
dialplan.replace.line_id.1 = 1

This one works just fine. My line is configured and SIP account is properly registering to the SIP server. URI and Dial Plan config statements works too.

Other thing: this configuration works for me only if I have firmware 44.80.0.130. With newer versions it does not work with this same DHCP server configuration and TFTP/provisioning server and config files. What might be wrong here? There should be no differences between configuration statements for 44.80 and 44.81 versions, right? Maybe I am doing something wrong? Thanks in advance for any help.
hi

pls help load pcap and level 6 syslog to us.
(06-30-2017 08:45 AM)quinlan Wrote: [ -> ]hi

pls help load pcap and level 6 syslog to us.

here is PCAP view from wireshark:
http://imgur.com/a/OVhCP

There is nothing in the system log.
A few things:
1) Try turning up the syslog to level 6 as requested, and then reboot the phone and view the log after the reboot. You should see a bunch of AUTOP related entries in the log mixed in with everything else that should hint at what's going on.

2) You are using "static." provisioning values, but I'm pretty sure those were only added in V81 firmware. In V80 firmware they didn't exist, so defining them will do nothing, hence you don't see them taking effect. Remove the leading "static." from those lines, and see if that changes things.

3) I have to dig into this further but did notice on testing a V81 device the other day that it seemed to be failing to provision. In V81 Yealink introduced the concept of boot files. So instead of phones automatically requesting y00000000000xx.cfg as they used to, they now request y00000000000xx.boot. That boot file then has to specify the appropriate CFG files to use (ie. the y00000000000xx.cfg and MAC.cfg files). The documentation says " If boot file is not found on the provisioning server, IP phones download the common CFG file first, and then the MAC-Oriented CFG file during auto provisioning – i.e., the old mechanism for auto provisioning"

But I did not see this happen at all so I suspect there's an issue. Will do some more digging on this to be sure but you are not alone in the V81 struggles.
^^^^ jolouis is correct. I see you're using a boot file as well. I bet the phone will not request MAC and Common if a boot file is present. Try removing the boot file.

- Daniel @ Phonism
Reference URL's