Yealink Forums

Full Version: Auto Provision Firmware
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

How do you setup the T46 Phone to auto provision to upgrade to new firmware? I'm assuming you would have to download the latest firmware and put it on the phone server. Then, set the phone to auto provision a certain day(s) of the week.
I have many T46 phones and would like to upgrade them to the latest firmware but I didn't want to have to manually upgrade each phone.
I'm new at this so any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you.
(06-08-2017 01:03 PM)stratos Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

How do you setup the T46 Phone to auto provision to upgrade to new firmware? I'm assuming you would have to download the latest firmware and put it on the phone server. Then, set the phone to auto provision a certain day(s) of the week.
I have many T46 phones and would like to upgrade them to the latest firmware but I didn't want to have to manually upgrade each phone.
I'm new at this so any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

quick run through....I may be missing something, but should get you going in the correct direction. All this should be in the autoprovisioning guides. Set your dhcp to send out the option for server provisioning address. If you dont set this option...you might as well just update each phone manually since you would have to manually enter the provisioning address in each phone.

Phones will be looking for a provisioning server now, either tftp or http. There are generic files all phone will try to download first before their unique config file. One of these files are y000000000000.boot. This is for all yealink phones. Template are available to download off the phone page. There are specific ones for each model...but if all your phones are the same model..this file should be fine. Generally you reference other config files to load from this file, but you should be able to drop this in that file-
firmware.url = tftp://<IPADDRESS>/<ROMNAME>.rom
save it and put it in the root directory of the provisioning server. Put your phones firmware in this same directory. Note it is case sensitive.

Default option on the phone should be to check for a provisioning file every night at midnight. If everything is correct, all phones should update

Your next problem is going to be saving the existing local configuration on each phone. I dont configure or save any local phone settings. Everything I set is off the provisioning. If you add this key at the end of that boot file, it may save your local config. You will need to look into this to verify.-
overwrite_mode = 0

So your y000000000000.boot would look like this-
#!version:1.0.0.1
## The header above must appear as-is in the first line

firmware.url = tftp://192.168.1.10/t46.rom
overwrite_mode = 0
quick run through....I may be missing something, but should get you going in the correct direction. All this should be in the autoprovisioning guides. Set your dhcp to send out the option for server provisioning address. If you dont set this option...you might as well just update each phone manually since you would have to manually enter the provisioning address in each phone.

Phones will be looking for a provisioning server now, either tftp or http. There are generic files all phone will try to download first before their unique config file. One of these files are y000000000000.boot. This is for all yealink phones. Template are available to download off the phone page. There are specific ones for each model...but if all your phones are the same model..this file should be fine. Generally you reference other config files to load from this file, but you should be able to drop this in that file-
firmware.url = tftp://<IPADDRESS>/<ROMNAME>.rom
save it and put it in the root directory of the provisioning server. Put your phones firmware in this same directory. Note it is case sensitive.

Default option on the phone should be to check for a provisioning file every night at midnight. If everything is correct, all phones should update

Your next problem is going to be saving the existing local configuration on each phone. I dont configure or save any local phone settings. Everything I set is off the provisioning. If you add this key at the end of that boot file, it may save your local config. You will need to look into this to verify.-
overwrite_mode = 0

So your y000000000000.boot would look like this-
#!version:1.0.0.1
## The header above must appear as-is in the first line

firmware.url = tftp://192.168.1.10/t46.rom
overwrite_mode = 0
Reference URL's