Yealink Forums

Full Version: Provisioning Issue auto_provision.power_on = 1 required for Sip Notify
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

we have about 200 Yealink T46G running on a 3cx V12.5. The Yealink Firmware is on V73.
Via the provisioning templates we set auto_provision.power_on = 0, because on V71, we wanted to preserve the custom settings of the users and provision only via the pbx.

The provisioning request via the 3cx server (SIP Notify) is not taking any effect. Only when wie start the provision via the web-interface of the phone (Autoprovision Now), or if we set auto_provision.power_on = 1 (than the request via 3cx is working). The phone is rebooting, even if the provisioning won't work, so the phone seems to get some command, but can't get the file or something.

We have been testing the V73 templates provided by 3cx and Yealink with minimal changes (VLAN, auto_provision.power_on = 0) to reproduce the issue.

I am attaching our provisioning template (copy&pasted the text), as well as the configuration file and a level 6 log of the phone. The provisioning, which failed started some time at 12:38 on Jul 10. I didn't include a log of an successfull provisioning (via webinterface). If you need additional logs, I can provide them. PCAP capturing of course, wasn't working during reboot, so no files here.

Is there any difference is the way the phone is pulling the provisioning files comparing power-on to sip notify?

We used to set auto_provision.pnp_enable = 0, but as far as I can tell it seems not to have anything to do with this, because I reset the phone and can reproduce the behaviour.

What have I got to do to make the provisioning work again, without having to manually change settings for each phone? Some issue with the server providing the file?

Best regards Frank
Hello Frank,

There is a parameter:
sip.notify_reboot_enable = (the value range form 0 to 2)

0- If the Notify message carry "Event:check-sync" phone will do an autoprovision. If the Notify message carry "Event: check-sync;reboot=true" phone will do an autoprovision and reboot.

1- Phone will reboot as long as there is "Event:check-sync" in Notify message.

2- Phone will ingore Notify message with "Event: check-sync"

The default value is 1.

So please set the value to 0 and check again.

Regards,
James
Hi James,

thanks so much for your help. This really helps me a lot and explains things. So is their anything we can do about the phones, which are already provsioned the wrong way? I assume a reset &provision will do the job, right? Of course some custom settings (made by the users) will be lost, but I cannot think of a way to save those conveniently for 200 phones, is there?

best regards Frank

(07-11-2015 09:31 AM)Yealink_James Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Frank,

There is a parameter:
sip.notify_reboot_enable = (the value range form 0 to 2)

0- If the Notify message carry "Event:check-sync" phone will do an autoprovision. If the Notify message carry "Event: check-sync;reboot=true" phone will do an autoprovision and reboot.

1- Phone will reboot as long as there is "Event:check-sync" in Notify message.

2- Phone will ingore Notify message with "Event: check-sync"

The default value is 1.

So please set the value to 0 and check again.

Regards,
James
Hi James, Hi all

just to get this right: the default value for sip.notify_reboot_enbale is , that the phone will reboot on "Event: check-sync" in Notify message, ti will not reprovision.

So if somebody, like we change the auto provision mode; auto_provision.mode = 0, (#0-Disabled (default), 1-Power on) you loose the provisioning access to the phone.

This is not very transparent, if you read the manuals etc. you don't get the impression, that changing the auto_provision.mode value, that this will effect the ability to provision using the 3cx management console. As far as i understand using the default values:
auto_provision.mode = 0
sip.notify_reboot_enbale = 1
will result in no-access to reprovisioning phones from the 3cx management consoles.

I think I must confuse some things, but I it looks this way to me at the moment.

All the best

Frank
Reference URL's