Yealink Forums

Full Version: T56A remote phonebook error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

On the T56A I'm getting an error viewing any group's contacts. The same file/remote phonebook URL working perfectly on many T46 / T42 / T48G / T46S model phones.

The groups will display, but once you choose a group you receive an error unable to download remote phonebook.

I've verified this on all other models working.

Anyone else experiencing this? Did the format change for remote phonebook? We're using an XML file.

Tim

anonymous1712222627012

(06-01-2017 08:28 PM)tima Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

On the T56A I'm getting an error viewing any group's contacts. The same file/remote phonebook URL working perfectly on many T46 / T42 / T48G / T46S model phones.

The groups will display, but once you choose a group you receive an error unable to download remote phonebook.

I've verified this on all other models working.

Anyone else experiencing this? Did the format change for remote phonebook? We're using an XML file.

Tim

Hi Tim,
This is Paul from Yealink Technical Support Team, nice to meet you.
About your issue, please provide the Remote Phone file, Syslog, Config.bin and Trace for us to do more troubleshooting.
About how to get the Correct Syslog, Config.bin and Trace, please refer to below FAQ:
http://support.yealink.com/faq/faqInfo?id=311

Thanks in advance.
BR
Paul
Not sure if it is currently the case, but here's my remote contacts template.
Check your xml file to be sure you have at least the first line.

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<root_group>
    <group display_name="All Contacts" />
    <group display_name="Blacklist" />
</root_group>
<root_contact>
    <contact display_name="Some Name" office_number="100" mobile_number="" other_number="" line="-1" group_id_name="" />
</root_contact>

In the event that you have it like mine, try to export the current remote directory and check what it currently has and build from that template. Then place it on your server and test.

anonymous1712222627012

(06-19-2017 04:52 PM)Fraukas2 Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure if it is currently the case, but here's my remote contacts template.

Code:
<root_group>
</root_group>
<root_contact>
    <contact display_name="Some Name" office_number="100" mobile_number="" other_number="" line="-1" group_id_name="" />
</root_contact>

In the event that you have it like mine, try to export the current remote directory and check what it currently has and build from that template. Then place it on your server and test.

Dear customer,
The template you use is not for the remote phonebook, I attached the template of remote phonebook for your reference.

BR
Paul

anonymous1712222627012

(06-19-2017 04:52 PM)Fraukas2 Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure if it is currently the case, but here's my remote contacts template.

Code:
<root_group>
</root_group>
<root_contact>
</root_contact>

Dear customer,
The template you use is not for the remote phonebook, I attached the template of remote phonebook for your reference.

BR
Paul
You are right, i'm sorry.
I use this function for my "Remote Phonebook"

Code:
local_contact.data.url = http://XXX/files/SomeClient/SomeClient.xml

While the xml file is from the template i posted.
Reference URL's