Yealink Forums

Full Version: T46G transferring calls issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello to all. Shy
I am working for a company that is using the T46G.
The Firmware Version is 28.81.0.90 (updated it last week)
The Hardware Version is 28.2.0.128.0.0.0

The problem is that since last two weeks, the girl at the administration office couldn't use the transfer function with no issues and transfer the calls.
I will try to describe the problem:

administration girl = Maria
Maria is using the T46G
- Client A is calling my company
- Incoming call gets answered by Maria (T46G). She talks with the client A and tries to transfer the call.
- Maria presses the transfer button.
- Maria types the number of Communications office (Comms) or clicks the quickdial for Comms.
- Comms respond to the call of Maria and they wait for the transfer.
- Maria presses the transfer button again, to transfer the call from Client A to Comms and hungs up the receiver.
- Client A's call isn't transfered and stays waiting at Maria's phone (T46G) hearing music.
- Comms get an error in their phone (not yealink) and it says "error 701".

Please do not focus on the error Comms receive (701), since it's a different phone and we tried to do the same with an external call and smartphones.
This transferring problem started two weeks ago without doing anything. In the past the phone was working for at least 2 years with no errors.
Can you tell me what to do or check?
It's very frustrating for our clients to tell them we can't transfer calls and propose them to call directly to someone.

Many Thanks,
George
Hi George,

Did the problem start happening last week after you did the firmware update on the phone, or was it before that?

If before that I would suggest checking the PBX/phone system logs to see what is happening and whether the transfer is being rejected/failing on the system side for some reason.
(05-23-2017 09:56 PM)jolouis Wrote: [ -> ]Hi George,

Did the problem start happening last week after you did the firmware update on the phone, or was it before that?

If before that I would suggest checking the PBX/phone system logs to see what is happening and whether the transfer is being rejected/failing on the system side for some reason.

Hi and thank you for your response.
The problem started two weeks ago, without any reason or changes from us. Before it was working perfectly fine. I tried last week updating the firmware, as a possible solution.

Can you give me some info on how to check these phone logs? I didn't see any menu that has such info like the reason a call was rejected/failed.
(05-24-2017 07:19 AM)george.deligiannis@frontiersin.org Wrote: [ -> ]The problem started two weeks ago, without any reason or changes from us. Before it was working perfectly fine.
Hi George,

If you did not do anything and the phone did not change firmware etc before the problem started, I would definitely say something happened on the PBX/system side of things. Not sure who your service provider/system provider is, but you'll need to contact them and have them try to troubleshoot and resolve the problem for you as it is most likely not related to the Yealink phone itself, but rather the system that the phone connects to.
By pbx you mean the ip telephony provider? We are using sipcall, but is there any chance to have problem only with the call transferring and not answering or making calls? Is this possible?
(05-26-2017 07:16 AM)george.deligiannis@frontiersin.org Wrote: [ -> ]By pbx you mean the ip telephony provider? We are using sipcall, but is there any chance to have problem only with the call transferring and not answering or making calls? Is this possible?

I'm not familiar with sipcall but I assume they're providing a hosted PBX service to you, so yes they are the ones you need to talk to. Yes it's entirely possible for them to have done something that would break call transfers but let other things work properly.

For example a few years ago there we ran into a customer who had their phones connected to a SNOM system. Everything worked fine, and then one day the system did an automatic update and they could no longer transfer or forward calls. Turned out it was a bug in the system update, and it took 18 months for SNOM to finally admit it and issue a patch to fix it. Not saying that's the case here at all, but just providing an example of what can happen as nothing (especially with hosted PBX) is set in stone.
Hi again!

It seems there was a two part problem.
So sipcall made a change in their systems about us and we also found that we had to make a change in our Yealink (maybe because of the change they did).
[Image: fd6e3127a5fc4f8ea697dda9d93651a4.png]

So after their change, I had to change the "Transfer Mode via Dsskey" to "Blind Transfer". After that, everything was working perfectly fine!!! Big Grin

Thanks a lot for your support guys!
Reference URL's