Yealink Forums

Full Version: Wifi on T46G - exact procedure?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Having so much trouble here getting a T46G (latest firmware) to connect to Wifi. Below is the config I'm sending to the phones. Wifi is up and working - I can connect easily, with proper DHCP and internet access and ping to the PBX, on my laptop.

Is there another place in the config where, perhaps, the USB port needs to be enabled?
And yes, after I provision the phones, I plug the WF40 dongle in and the phone sees that and scans the available Wifi signals. Problem is, when I, on the phone interface, try to connect to the SSID that is sent to the phone in the provisioning file, the phone asks for the password. If it was provisioned properly, I am assuming that it would connect immediately without needing any intervention.
Here's the config:
wifi.enable = 1
wifi.1.label = Phones
wifi.1.ssid = VOIP
wifi.1.security_mode = WPA2-PSK
wifi.1.cipher_type = CCMP
wifi.1.password = (exact password here)
wifi.1.priority = 5
(03-28-2017 02:18 AM)engine411 Wrote: [ -> ]Having so much trouble here getting a T46G (latest firmware)
Which exactly ?

(03-28-2017 02:18 AM)engine411 Wrote: [ -> ]wifi.enable = 1
wifi.1.label = Phones
wifi.1.ssid = VOIP
wifi.1.security_mode = WPA2-PSK
wifi.1.cipher_type = CCMP
wifi.1.password = (exact password here)
wifi.1.priority = 5
No "static." prefix for each of the above values ?
Trouble - as I wrote earlier, after I provision the phones, I plug the WF40 dongle in and the phone sees that and scans the available Wifi signals. Problem is, when I, on the phone interface, try to connect to the SSID that is sent to the phone in the provisioning file, the phone asks for the password. If it was provisioned properly, I am assuming that it would connect immediately without needing any intervention.

Point being, the provisioning does not make or allow the phone to connect. So I have to touch each phone individually - which makes provisioning pointless.

For the "static" prefix, I've tried it with that prefix added as well - makes no difference. 3CX tells me that this prefix should not be there. In the 3CX default/built in template for the T46G, the parameters do not have that prefix.

I can get the phones working on the Wifi by touching each phone via the web GUI. But auto-provisioning via template is supposed to save that manual work. In this case, it's not.
(03-29-2017 05:31 PM)engine411 Wrote: [ -> ]Trouble - as I wrote earlier, after I provision the phones, I plug the WF40 dongle in and the phone sees that and scans the available Wifi signals. Problem is, when I, on the phone interface, try to connect to the SSID that is sent to the phone in the provisioning file, the phone asks for the password. If it was provisioned properly, I am assuming that it would connect immediately without needing any intervention.

Point being, the provisioning does not make or allow the phone to connect. So I have to touch each phone individually - which makes provisioning pointless.

For the "static" prefix, I've tried it with that prefix added as well - makes no difference. 3CX tells me that this prefix should not be there. In the 3CX default/built in template for the T46G, the parameters do not have that prefix.

I can get the phones working on the Wifi by touching each phone via the web GUI. But auto-provisioning via template is supposed to save that manual work. In this case, it's not.

I could connect a brand new T42S to a WPA-Personal WiFi network using .cfg files only (ie not touching phone's web site or menu).

My process is:
- edit cfg files on provisioning server
- boot phone without any WiFi dongle from PoE (this also updates firmware)
- unplug phone from PoE
- plug WiFi dongle
- plug power adapter

Firmware is xx.81.0.70.

Hope this helps
(04-12-2017 03:30 PM)oliv Wrote: [ -> ]I could connect a brand new T42S to a WPA-Personal WiFi network using .cfg files only (ie not touching phone's web site or menu).

My process is:
- edit cfg files on provisioning server
- boot phone without any WiFi dongle from PoE (this also updates firmware)
- unplug phone from PoE
- plug WiFi dongle
- plug power adapter

Firmware is xx.81.0.70.

Hope this helps
Thanks for this. I have several T46G phones here, all on the latest firmware version and the latest 3CX template with only WIFI details added to the template.
I followed the exact process you outlined, but it doesn't work at all. Not only did it not connect to the WIFI by itself, but when it prompted me to search and connect to a network, it couldn't connect to the SSID that way either. It asked for the password.
OK, then the only remaing thing I could help with is showing my relevant phone config.

Code:
static.wifi.enable = 1
static.wifi.1.label = MyLabel
static.wifi.1.ssid = MySSID
static.wifi.1.security = WPA2-PSK
static.wifi.1.cipher_type = "TKIP CCMP"
static.wifi.1.password = mypassword

Best regards
Thanks, that is helpful. I see a few differences from my config. Which PBX are you using?
(04-28-2017 01:42 PM)engine411 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, that is helpful. I see a few differences from my config. Which PBX are you using?
Asterisk
Reference URL's