Yealink Forums

Full Version: How to register to multiple VoIP servers on different/seperate subnets ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I have setup a new VLAN for our new VoIP system and configured our access switches so that, our T21PE2's gets IP from our VoIP VLAN and registers to the VoIP server on Account-1. The PC's connected to T21PE2's second UTP is also correctly getting IP addresses from our default VLAN/Subnet. With this setup everything seems to be working correctly and as desired. VoIP VLAN through Ethernet-1, Default VLAN through Ethernet-2.

Some of our T21PE2 users, however, needs to also register through Account-2 to another VoIP server outside our network. Is it possible to also register Account-2 to a VoIP server on Default VLAN ? If yes, how ?

Regards.
(03-26-2017 09:20 PM)mscag Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I have setup a new VLAN for our new VoIP system and configured our access switches so that, our T21PE2's gets IP from our VoIP VLAN and registers to the VoIP server on Account-1. The PC's connected to T21PE2's second UTP is also correctly getting IP addresses from our default VLAN/Subnet. With this setup everything seems to be working correctly and as desired. VoIP VLAN through Ethernet-1, Default VLAN through Ethernet-2.

Some of our T21PE2 users, however, needs to also register through Account-2 to another VoIP server outside our network. Is it possible to also register Account-2 to a VoIP server on Default VLAN ? If yes, how ?

Regards.

Hi there,

from my perspective, the phone is connect to the switch correctly, if the switch can access to another VoIP server, then the phone should be able to registered the account 2.
on the other hand, could you please share the detail of the scenarios?
thank you
(03-26-2017 09:20 PM)mscag Wrote: [ -> ]Some of our T21PE2 users, however, needs to also register through Account-2 to another VoIP server outside our network. Is it possible to also register Account-2 to a VoIP server on Default VLAN ? If yes, how ?

The phones can only connect to a single VLAN; they do not have the ability to run sub-interfaces on them directly so to solve the problem you must look further up the network from the phones.

The way we typically do this type of deployment is to have the PBX run as the DHCP, TFTP and SIP server. Not sure if that is what you have setup or if you are using a separate DHCP server vs SIP server, but either way the goal is the same. You need a Layer 3 device (i.e. router, or server with routing features/multiple IP interfaces) in order to forward traffic from one VLAN to the other. You should easily be able to achieve this by either:
a) setting sub-interfaces on your server/router (one on Voice VLAN, one on default VLAN), and configure routing between them.
or b) Use a Layer 3 capable switch, and configure it with inter-vlan routing (basically it will do the job of your router to forward traffic between the two networks).

Thanks!
Reference URL's