Yealink Forums

Full Version: Missing Contact header in VQ RTCP XR messages (x.73.0.50)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I've discoved vq-collector (see https://github.com/pbertera/vq-collector), a tool that let me collect VQ RTCP XR messages. It seems very useful.

When collecting SIP PUBLISH messages from Yealink x.73.0.50-enabled T28P or T20P phones, I'm getting:
2017-02-27 13:23:11,191 ERROR Received fatal exception: 'contact'

When collecting SIP PUBLISH messages from Yealink x.81.0.25-enabled T27P or T29G phones, I'm not getting any such error and logged data seems fine.

Using tcpdump, I compared SIP PUBLISH messages. In failing case, I could not find any SIP Contact header while this header is present when things work OK.

Does it make sense to have a phone sending VQ RTCP XR with missing Contact header, from SIP compliance point of view ?
If negative, how can I make sure such Contact be included in VQ RTCP XR messages ? Any config option or firmware release ?

Best regards
Hello,

From your description, do you mean with version "x.73.0.50", there will not have "sip contact header" message, but with "x.81.0.25", everything works well, am I right?

If yes please send us the config.bin/level6 log/PCAP file of version "x.73.0.50" and "x.81.0.25", so that we can make a compare, we will do a further analyze.

In addition,please help me know the below info:

1.if there any issue with the phone if there is no "sip contact header" message?

2.how many phones do you have?

klaus
(03-01-2017 10:10 AM)Klaus Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

From your description, do you mean with version "x.73.0.50", there will not have "sip contact header" message, but with "x.81.0.25", everything works well, am I right?

klaus

Yes this is correct.
To complement, everything is working fine expect that vq-collector stops with Fatal error anytime it receives a SIP PUBLISH message without any Contact header.

I've got only 100 T22, T28 and other EOL-ed phones but I'm planning to deploy much more T27G phones in the future.

I'm sending a PM right away with PCAP files and config files.
please test 9.73.0.55/7.73.0.71/6.73.0.71/2.73.0.71 version from below link:

http://ftp.yealink.com/?ShareToken=CFFFA...0324DA2110

BR

klaus
Reference URL's