Yealink Forums

Full Version: Ring on Busy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a T29G w/ .81 firmware. I'm trying to get the phone to ring (via speaker not handset) while it is busy on another call. This will allow other people to hear this incoming call and help answer when the attendant is on another call. I also need this to work on the T27G phones.
(02-20-2017 04:06 PM)Eldon Wrote: [ -> ]I have a T29G w/ .81 firmware. I'm trying to get the phone to ring (via speaker not handset) while it is busy on another call. This will allow other people to hear this incoming call and help answer when the attendant is on another call. I also need this to work on the T27G phones.
This has been requested by many people in the past and for whatever reason Yealink always just refuses to implement it... who knows, maybe your request will be the magic one they listen to?
Thanks
Hello Eldon,

Firstly, I'd like to expalin why we won't implement this change. If it rings up for the secondary call, the ringtone will interrupt the current call quality, so we make it to get a call waiting tone to remind user there's another call comes in. If you think the waiting tone is too low to be notice, you can change the tone frenquency to improve volume and duration, more information you can refer to: http://support.yealink.com/faq/faqInfo?id=215

Many thanks.

Best Regards.
Thanks, I understand about the call waiting ring (handset) that works fine. But the issue is and I think I speak for a lot of people is that when the attendant is busy on a call a person close by can hear a incoming ring even at a subdued level thru the speaker of the ringing phone. It should a least be an option.
It would still be really helpful if this was implemented... however I do understand Peter's point.
Reference URL's