Yealink Forums

Full Version: T29G Display ghosting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We have a client with a lot of new T29G phones but two of the T29's, after about a month, have image ghosting with the display.

Moving to different pages or screens shows the images of the Page 1 buttons.

Is there something we can do to resolve this or do we need to return them.
For the faulty units, please do as follows to see if we can eliminate the afterimage on screen:
A: Please power off the device for 2 hours.
B: Power it up, see if afterimage disappears. If yes, please upgrade firmware to xx.80.0.130 and enable screen saver and power saving features mentioned below.
C: If not, power off the device for longer (say 5 hours), repeat Step B.
D: If still no for C, please boot up the device. Press Menu key and go to different categories to change screen for about 10 timesPower off for 2 hours then power up.
E: If problem remains, please list all the MAC address of the faulty devices to us(support@yealink.com). We will take care.
For the units which does not appear to have such issue. We’d better apply the solutions to prevent them from the suffering the problem. Please help customer to upgrade all the devices to version: x.80.0.130. On this version, we have added three methods to fix this issue.
Method 1: power saving feature.
Simply speaking, you can configure your office hours. During the working hour, phone will not enter power saving mode. On off-work hours, phone will enter power saving mode after it has been idle for a certain period of time. All these durations can be configured through web interface and auto provision.
Please see release note of version x.80.0.125 and x.80.0.130 for configuration details.
Yealink_SIP_phones_Release_Notes_of_Version_V80.pdf
Method 2: screen saver
This feature configures the phone to initiate screen saver when it is on idle for a certain period of time. Replacing screen with moving pictures or a blank screen. It can be configured through user interface, web interface and auto provision.
Please see release note of version x.80.0.125 for more configuration details.
Method3: force to shut the screen if no operation for 72 hours as final measure.
If there is no operation on phone for 72 hours, phone will shut up screen to protect the LCD. Press any key can wake the screen up. This is compulsory and not configurable. So it is not mentioned on release note.
We strongly suggest customers to upgrade the firmware to x.80.0.130 and enable the power saving and screen saver feature to protect the screen, especially when high-contrast picture is used. Please keep us posted about the progress of firmware upgrading and make sure customer has successfully configured screen saver and power saving feature
I didn't have to do much troubleshooting as our vendor took the phones in for RMA. Although I can respond to some of the steps that were taken.
A: Please power off the device for 2 hours. ** This did not work

B: Power it up, see if afterimage disappears. If yes, please upgrade firmware to xx.80.0.130 and enable screen saver and power saving features mentioned below.
** Didn't do the firmware update. Not sure how that would fix a ghosting screen but will try that next time. The phone was at Firmware: 46.80.0.25

C: If not, power off the device for longer (say 5 hours), repeat Step B.
** Device was shipped to us so was def. powered off for more than 5 hours but of course, did not do the firmware update.

D: If still no for C, please boot up the device. Press Menu key and go to different categories to change screen for about 10 timesPower off for 2 hours then power up.
** Didn't do this.

E: If problem remains, please list all the MAC address of the faulty devices to us(support@yealink.com). We will take care.
** Here are the two MAC addresses but we did already send them back to their respective vendors for RMA.

MAC: 001565AC63B7
MAC: 0015659DF1AE

Just to note, I have worked LCDs monitors and there are programs that will change the display bright, then fade, then alternate colors, to reduce or remove the persistent images. That might fix the phone issue---I don't know. But it seems to me that some of the LCD screens have likely changed. I have not seen this issue with any of the hundreds of T29s we have put in...or any other yealink phone really. Our oldest client with T29s has had them for two years with no issues like this...same firmware.
Reference URL's