Yealink Forums

Full Version: Trust Control Causes Problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I've enabled Trust Ctrl on a number of Yealink T48G phones to block random IP calls. Firmware version 35.72.23.4.

However, I'm currently migrating from an old Asterisk v11 platform to our new v13 platform and now the phones won't register.

The system logs show this:

Jan 25 21:01:46 SIP [666]: SUA <3+error > [000] IP:[OUR SERVER IP IS HERE] is NO found in the dns cache,discard this message!

The only choice I have is to disable the trust control, but that may lead to random calls again which my clients wont be happy with.

Unfortunately, I dont have a phone that I can test with. Only the clients' phones and they wont be letting me take one away for testing.

Any idea what could be causing this?

Thanks
Dan
Hi Dan,

I suppose you mean Trusted Certificates as you speak for Trust Ctrl?

Please try below settings to block random IP calls.
Go to “Features > General Information”
- Accept SIP Trust Server Only -> Enabled
- Allow IP Call -> Disabled

If you have many phones you can modify and use the provisioning template.
Please let me know.

Hope this helps.
By trust control, I meant this field in the config and not certificates.

account.1.sip_trust_ctrl=1

I assume that is the same as doing 'Accept SIP Trust Server Only -> Enabled'

When it's set to 1, I get the following and it doesnt register.
Jan 25 21:01:46 SIP [666]: SUA <3+error > [000] IP:[OUR SERVER IP IS HERE] is NO found in the dns cache,discard this message!

Note that the server address on the phone is set to voip.customername.cust.ourcompany.com, but the actual server address is voip2.tur.ourcompany.com.
voip.customername.cust.ourcompany.com is a CNAME for voip.tur.ourcompany.com.

So both addresses resolve to the same IP that is listed in [OUR SERVER IP IS HERE] above and it's still being filtered out.

Thanks
Dan
Hi,

I’m sorry I misunderstand you. It’s clear now.

Yes, your assumption is right: “account.1.sip_trust_ctrl” is equal to “Accept SIP Trust Server Only”
Have you tried the other setting also? (Allow IP Call -> Disabled)

FYI: I’m not familiar with Asterisk, so I can not help with questions related to Asterisk.
The last time I tried Allow IP Call -> Disabled it didnt block the rogue calls.
Maybe it's been fixed since I last tried.

It doesnt appear to be an asterisk issue because asterisk is responding as it should.
The phone is simply filtering it out.

I believe this is a bug. The phone doesnt realise that voip.cliemt.tur.company.com is the same as voip.tur.company.com even if they resolve to the same IP.
Hi Dan,

I don’t want to discus with you, but what I understand is the only thing you did is a migrating from Asterisk v11 to v13 platform. Right? And you have done nothing with the phone settings. Right?

Why should their than be a bug in the phone firmware and why not an Asterisk issue?
This I do not understand.
Reference URL's